New Category (Potentially?)

TheFellDragon
Preschooler

New Category (Potentially?)

Post by TheFellDragon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Hey PSR. I've been running Pokémon Crystal lately, and I've been wondering: is there potential for a new category akin to Pokémon Blue 151? Maybe not all 251 Pokémon, but something to the effect of all Johto Pokémon or all Kanto Pokémon. I'd be more than willing to route this if it is at all possible (I'm not sure if there is a manipulation glitch such as cooltrainer glitch to get certain Pokémon). I think this could be a really fun category if it was possible.

noobcubed
Bug Catcher

Re: New Category (Potentially?)

Post by noobcubed » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:45 pm

It's theoretically possible - there's a glitch called the Bad Clone Glitch which enables any Pokemon to be caught - but it would be a really long run, far longer than 151, and probably very repetitive.

You can Google "Bad Clone Glitch" if you're interested... but basically it enables you to create a corrupted clone of a Pokemon which has its data somewhat scrambled, which can enable it to mutate into a different species based on the index number of its third move.

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:03 pm

Anything can be a new category as long as it has a clearly definable end, and enough interest from the/a community.
~

crafted
Preschooler

Post by crafted » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:45 pm

251 Pokémon is possible but no one runs it because it would be very boring to do, you would just be sitting at the PC for hours using the bad clone glitch to get all the Pokémon.

Sarrg
Preschooler

Post by Sarrg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:09 am

Not only that we would have to sit on the PC for hours, we also have to make many eggs. This is even worse than doing 151 with only using TFly.
The only faster way that would work, I guess, would be the coin case glitch and calling the pokemon get routine like you can do it with the 8F item. Which would literally be "Press A - The Speedrun", but luckily any forms of ACE will be banned anyways.
I could see a "Catch 'em all Glitchless" though, where you catch and evolve all pokemon through intended means.
But maybe we will find any glitches in like 5 years or so that would allow us to do similar stuff as in gen 1.

Btw did they really program that much better in gen 2 with the programming? Since I guess the glitch hunters already tried to break that game, and in a way they succeeded.

luckytyphlosion
Pokémon Trainer

Post by luckytyphlosion » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:23 pm

ARGH I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF.

BAD CLONE GLITCH WOULD NOT WORK BECAUSE IT CORRUPTS POKEDEX FLAGS. SO UNLESS YOU'RE OKAY WITH TRACKING POKEDEX MANUALLY AND IGNORING POKEDEX CORRUPTION, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.
Jack-Flys are OpieOP.

"GO ASK SANQUI" - luckytyphlosion whenever someone asks about how something in Pokémon Red/Blue works. (this means you exarion Kappa)

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:27 pm

lucky please don't shout

Kappa
~

Return to “Pokémon Crystal”