Pokedex Tracker for all games.

For all Pokémon-related discussion, general speedrunning as well.
Sirtucx
Preschooler

Pokedex Tracker for all games.

Post by Sirtucx » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I've recently posted this on the discord server, and felt I should post it here as well. Mods if this is not in the right area, I apologize.

I have made a Pokedex Tracker similar to PokedexCounter, but this applies for all generations.

Q: So what features does this have?
A: I'm glad you asked, here are all of the feautures in this program:
  • Generation-based filter
  • Game-based filter
  • Silhouette Mode [ie. Who's that Pokemon]
  • Customizable Colors (Background, Button background, marking colors)
  • Adjustable Button Size and spacing
You can find the program here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... -JnZqw99Yi

I've included a readme text file in the drive folder, but I'll post it here in-case it ever goes down.
[+] Common Questions
Hello everyone, Sirtucx here to bring you the rundown on what this program is and how it works.

Q: What is this program?
A: This program is my take on the "PokedexCounter" program commonly used by speedrunners in their
Catch'em all category. It simply allows you to keep track of the pokemon you catch.

Q: What are all these buttons?
A: Ok so let's start from the top:
- Reset -> Resets all filters and markers
- Reload Settings -> If you make changes to Settings.json and save it. By clicking on this button
you will apply the changes.
- Kanto/Johto/etc -> This will show all pokemon in that particular generation.
- Pokemon Red/Blue/etc -> See Game Filter below.

Q: How do I mark / unmark pokemon?
A: To mark them as caught, left click the Pokemon. To unmark it, right click it. To mark it, but not
apply it to the counter, right click until it's the "Target Color" (see settings, default is blue).

Q: Game Filter?
A: These game specific filters will take out any pokemon that cannot be found in the version.
(ie. This shows version exclusives and common pokemon across that game's generation). To undo the filters
you can either click on it again or click on the reset button.

Q: Numbers don't add up. In Pokemon Red/Blue you can only catch 124 in a single cartridge, what gives?
A: Well this is another feature, see any one time choices you make, such as starters, fossils, etc,
will automatically eliminate the other choices.

For example in Pokemon Red, before making any choices there are a total of 135 Pokemon. Here is where
the choices lie:
- Starters (-6) -> (Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venasaur) | (Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard)
| (Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise)
- Eeveelutions (-2) -> (Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon)
- Fossils (-2) -> (Omanyte/Omastar) | (Kabuto/Kabutops)
- Fighting Dojo (-1) -> (Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan)

Giving you a grand total, after all of your choices of (135 - 6 - 2 - 2 - 1) 124.

Q: I don't like the colors, sizes, etc. Can I change it?
A: Yes you can! Upon launching the program for the first time, it will generate "Settings.json" and
"Settings - Template.json". Settings.json allows you to modify the following:
- Button's Size
- Space between buttons
- Background Color (RGB from 0 - 255)
- Button background colors (RGB from 0 - 255)
- Marking Colors
- Silhouette mode

Upon saving your changes and assuming you did not mess up the .json format all you need to do is
click on "Reload Settings" button and you can apply them in real time.

Q: Silhouette mode?
A: Basically "Who's that Pokemon" theme is applied to all unmarked pokemon.

Q: My settings changes are not being applied.
A: If your settings changes are not being applied, make sure it follows the JSON format.
Put it in here (https://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/) and if you have errors that is the reason.
Another possible cause is improper data. For example a valid color would be [ (0 - 255), (0 - 255), (0 - 255) ]

Q: I clicked on Pokemon Red, why can't I see the Pokemon?
A: A common reason for this will be if you did not include a generation filter (ie. Kanto/Johto/etc).
Apply a generation filter with (insert game here) and it will show you all Pokemon from Generations
(insert filters here).

Q: I found an issue with your data/found a bug where can I report it? / I have suggestions.
A: You can either message me on Twitter (@Sirtucx) / Discord (Sirtucx#0652) / or catch one of my
rare streams (twitch.tv/sirtucx)
And that's about it, if there is one thing that I ask, it's if you happen to use this, let me know. I would love to see it integrated into a stream/video.

In regards to Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, once I've played them for myself, I'll update the program to include the data.

Thanks,
Sirtucx

Return to “General Pokémon”