PSR Fantasy Speedrunning

We all play games all the time and this forum is no exception.
snorms
Preschooler

PSR Fantasy Speedrunning

Post by snorms » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:22 am

A couple of runners and I have come up with a fantasy league for the PSR community similar to the SM64 community's. The objective of this fantasy league is to encourage some healthy competition and to get current runners to try new games as well as encourage new runners to get a leaderboard time! The format of the fantasy league will consist of teams of four runners competing against other teams of four to score the most points before the end of the fantasy season, which will be the 8th of July (day before SGDQ).

Once a team has been formed send your list of team members through along will current Personal Bests in all games, these being all games from generation 1 through 3. Points are awarded for improving your PB to the next bracket, with each bracket scoring increasing points. A list of games and there relative scoring system can be found at the link at the bottom of this post.

- The fantasy season will begin on the 1st of May.
- All runs must comply with the relevant leaderboard rules for each game.
- Runners can score points in all games
- Points are awarded for each minute that the runner improves their personal best over the season
- eg. if a runner starts the season with a 1:58:31 in Red and improves that to a 1:55:46 by season end, that player will be awarded 13 points as they improved their PB by 3 scoring brackets

Once you have formed a team, please either PM myself or Paperguy27 on discord or comment with the details on this post :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Re: PSR Fantasy Speedrunning

Post by Amoeba » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Love the idea, though I feel some of the scoring is a bit harsh. For instance a third of the emerald glitchless times on the learerboard as of today don't even score a point. I like the idea of the tiered scoring system but maybe to draw newer runners in consider some lower times as well?
This may only apply to emerald though, I can't comment as much on any of the other runs.
Also looking for a team, I literally make no promises that I get any pbs during the allowed time so only take me if you need the extra body :3
~

Shiru666
Preschooler

Post by Shiru666 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:29 pm

Great idea! I wouldn't mind joining a team for this :)

snorms
Preschooler

Post by snorms » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:26 am

Thanks for the feedback Amoeba, I do agree that some of the scoring (especially emerald cause that is the only game I haven't run from the list) is probably a bit off. Open to any suggestions people have to alter scoring before the season starts :D

osubluebuck128

Post by osubluebuck128 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:40 pm

I am excited for this.

I would like to suggest race incentives. the format would be something like this:

All races must be done with SRL. To qualify, a race must include members from at least two different fantasy teams. The winner receives 2 points for his/her team. Each participant that finishes receives 1 point for his/her team, with each team receiving a maximum of 1 point per race, unless their team member wins, in which they get 2.

I feel that races are something that helps build the community. While getting PB's is still the priority and gains you significantly more points, a race incentive would spice things up a little.

Flutz
Preschooler

Post by Flutz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:17 am

I like the idea of Race incentives too, would add more Community feeling than doing lone runs and grinding for PBs. Encouraging races would add Up Well in the idea behind the whole Fantasy League thing.
Believe in your dreams like a cow Kreygasm Believe!

snorms
Preschooler

Post by snorms » Mon May 01, 2017 6:35 am

I definitely like the idea of adding incentives to encourage races. I will add a scoring system for races to the spreadsheet :D

Return to “Forum Games”