PSR Marathon 2017 Committee Applications Thread

Participate in events around the community such as races or marathons!
Dabomstew
Site Admin

PSR Marathon 2017 Committee Applications Thread

Post by Dabomstew » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:36 pm

We are currently accepting applications to take part in the committee team. The idea is to have around 10 people who are heavily involved in this process. Your roles will be even more important given that the admins are going to be very busy in general over the months to come, so if you aren't up to pulling your weight please refrain from applying.

We are currently looking for people who specialize in at least one of the following:
  • Creation of stream layouts and other visual media
  • PR team (advertising and contacting related parties, handling the marathon announcements on the PSR Twitter)
  • Schedule creation (cuts, contacting runners regarding availability, actually putting together the schedule, adjustments in case of drops)
  • Tech (setting up the streaming environment, controlling it come marathon time, working with runners on any runs with special tech requirements)
For transparency, the committee will be selected by the current admin team on Discord. You must be a member of the PSR Discord to apply.

Applications close on Sunday, April 9th at 23:59 PDT.

If you would like to be part of the PSR Marathon 2017 Committee, please leave a post using the guideline below:

Discord name (including the #bit after) -
Best form of contact outside of Discord -
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset -
Why you want to be part of the committee -

So for example...

Discord name - Dabomstew#5302
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter (@Dabomstew)
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Tech
Why you want to be part of the committee - This year's marathon should hopefully be the best yet and I want to be a part of making it so.

thewasher19
Preschooler

Re: PSR Marathon 2017 Committee Applications Thread

Post by thewasher19 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Discord Name: thewasher19#7693
Best form of contact outside of Discord- Twitter DM @thewasher19
Job duty/duties- Social Media, possibly Schedule Creation
Why you want to be part of the committee- Always felt like I need to do something here, considering I'm not very good at Pokemon Speedrunning, and working on the marathon I feel would be perfect for my needs.
Former Pokemon Sun/Moon Demo% World Record Holder Keepo

RXFADEZ
Pokémon Trainer

Post by RXFADEZ » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Discord Name - RXFADEZ#1348

Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter (@RXFADEZ)

Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - I did a large amount of tech management for last year's marathon and a the majority of scheduling for the first marathon - so either of them will suit me. I can cover a high percentage or European hosting shifts and can be on-call for tech support at any moment.

Why you want to be part of the committee - I'm going to largely echo what I said in my application last year, but there is almost nothing more rewarding than seeing this marathon go well. People I've known for almost three years and people I don't know whatsoever coming together for a celebration of our community is really enjoyable - and being a part of that special event is amazing. I also bring two marathons of experience with me which I could hopefully use to help it's marathon reach it's potential. Although I often laugh and joke with the community and mess around - the PSR marathon feels like the event each year where I can put in some help to try and give back to the community for the fun and support I've always enjoyed by being a part of it.

eddaket
Schoolkid

Post by eddaket » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Discord name (including the #bit after) - eddaket#9058
Best form of contact outside of Discord - - @eddaket on Twitter
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Tech and/or Schedule creation
Why you want to be part of the committee - Helping out last year was a great experience and this year would be the same. It would be great to help out in any way I can to make sure the marathon keeps growing and growing

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Discord Name - Amoeba#0465

Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter/twitch, bafflingamoeba

Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - PR, Schedule creation, minor Tech (hosting, setting up layouts etc)

Why you want to be part of the committee - I helped last year, it was a blast (though not without its difficulties, but that's half the fun) and I want to see it succeed further this year (and the years to come, hopefully).
Pros of having me: Previous experience, familiarity with the community for a number of years, mad twitter skills.
Cons of having me: I haven't been as active in the community recently, "somewhat" argumentative.

Edited to remove a double dash.
~

Sinstar
Jr. Trainer

Post by Sinstar » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Discord name - Sinstar#4963
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter @sinstar20k
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Stream Layouts, Schedule Creation.
Why you want to be part of the committee - I have crap all else to do this summer for one thing, plus I am only slowly getting back into running now after my 'injury' but would love to be involved again on the organisation side of things since once again I probably won't feel comfortable submitting much/anything. I am also able to and interested in hosting this year.
Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:01 pm

Discord name - GarfieldTheLightning#6079
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter @GarfieldTheL
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Schedule creation, general pedantry
Why you want to be part of the committee - Mainly because helping out last year was crazy fun! I'm always amazed by how Pokémon speedruns evolve year-on-year, and I would love to be involved in showcasing that.
I speedrun Pokémon Pearl, White 2 and X!

Ryuvelyz
Preschooler

Post by Ryuvelyz » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:28 am

Discord name (including the #bit after) - RyuSerabii#4079 (or SerabiiRyu or Nikki's Ripped & Discarded Shirt)
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter @ryuveiyz , Twitter DM, or text
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - PR & Schedule Creation
Why you want to be part of the committee - I actually started to really get into Pokemon speedrunning thanks to PSR Marathon 2016! While I may come off as obnoxious and maybe at times abrasive or over the top, I know how to get people's attention be it for their cooperation or to actually get them engaged and focused on the end goal which would be PSR 2017. I can also act professional (believe it or not) and know when it's appropriate to joke around and be serious. I'd love to be able to spread the word about how amazing Pokemon speedruns are and how talented our runners are.

nes
Preschooler

Post by nes » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Discord name - nnnnnnn#6937
Best form of contact outside of Discord - twitch whisper (nnnnes_) or twitter (@nnnnes)
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - tech and scheduling and maybe layout making if you need it ( though tech and scheduling is something id prefer)
Why you want to be part of the committee - im thinking maybe i can be a help because ive helped with some other marathons so i have some expierence with it

MKDasher
Schoolkid

Post by MKDasher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Discord name - MKDasher#4197
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter (@MK_Dasher)
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Stream layouts / other visuals.
Why you want to be part of the committee - I already helped last year and I think I can help again this year, taking into account what we did and the feedback we received. I haven't been very active lately in the community so PSRM could be a good opportunity to get involved again.

tikevin83
Bug Catcher

Post by tikevin83 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Discord Name: @tikevin83#2700
Best form of contact outside of discord: Email travismcgeehan@gmail.com Twitter @tikevin83
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset: PR team/Tech
Why you want to be part of the committee: I've really enjoyed my time with PSR over the last year doing speedruns and organizing Yellow races, I'd love to keep that up by helping to make the 2017 PSR Marathon a success! I can help spread the word and do other PR duties or help with the technical aspects of setting up streams.

Dabomstew
Site Admin

Post by Dabomstew » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:11 am

Thanks for your applications. We'll contact the successful applicants once we work out who they are.

Return to “Events”