Pokemon Battle Revolution

Potestatis
Preschooler

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Post by Potestatis » Tue May 06, 2014 2:00 am

Lately I've been routing and attempting speedruns of PBR but i dont think its optimal. Its my first speedrun game but i feel rather confident. Id love it if some one could help me route or adjust some things. Right now all I have for notes is my opinion on optimal pokemon selection. Thanks OneHand

heero_fred
Youngster

Re: Pokemon Battle Revolution

Post by heero_fred » Tue May 06, 2014 4:38 am

One thing to note is that the stats of the pokemon you get is randomized, (I don't know about natures) so you should look for the optimal stats required

Potestatis
Preschooler

Post by Potestatis » Wed May 07, 2014 3:19 pm

You get trainer cards with six pokemon, all natures are random, so i took the most used pokemon (monferno) and made his nature what i reset for

Luckless
Site Admin

Post by Luckless » Mon May 26, 2014 7:17 pm

I've watched a run of this once and the problem it has is it's a lengthy run and becomes repetitive rather quickly. Saying that though I'd love to see it get figured out more and to have some solid notes of what you should do for each battle/colosseum. For people to help you with optimizing the run I think you should first note down something for others who have never played to work from even if it's extremely vague like, as you say, your opinion on pokemon selection. If you could share that information then people can use it to start testing from there rather than from scratch and you'll be more likely to get some actual notes together OneHand b
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Image Image Image Image Image

damon07
Preschooler

Post by damon07 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:43 pm

I've been running this game for a while and have full notes. However, I haven't completed a run and haven't had the time to do any attempts in a while. But don't worry, the notes are good (at least they work for me). I'd be cool with sharing them. Cool to see other people interested in the game.

Also on the leaderboard I saw a run of this with a time of 4:48. I didn't watch the run but it seems insanely fast, as runs I were getting I estimated to end at around 6 hours. I also estimated that a really really good time would be somewhere between 5 and 5 and a half hours. I've been working on this game for a while, so I was completely shocked when I saw the 4:48. I'm not really sure what to think, but I guess I'll have to watch the run later...

Tigerkyle
Bug Catcher

Post by Tigerkyle » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Me and a friend put a fair chunk of time and did some routing of the game. After playing through the game, i expected about the same, about 5 1/2-6 hours. But after doing that route, i personally feel like a sub 4 would be possible. I do have a set of notes, but they're very shitty. It's only pokemon to use and it's only complete to the end of Courtyard Colosseum. I'll definitely willing to help any though, feel free to throw me a twitch message :).

anirocks99
Schoolkid

Post by anirocks99 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:31 am

Me and a friend put a fair chunk of time and did some routing of the game
Kyle has a friend PogChamp Since When

Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa
If I had to say what nature to choose for a Monferno, it shouldn't hinder Attack, Sp. Attack, or Speed, neutral is fine, +Sp Att, +Att, and +Speed natures are great, I can't say what good stats are.

Tigerkyle
Bug Catcher

Post by Tigerkyle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:14 am

anirocks99 wrote: If I had to say what nature to choose for a Monferno, it shouldn't hinder Attack, Sp. Attack, or Speed, neutral is fine, +Sp Att, +Att, and +Speed natures are great, I can't say what good stats are.
Special Attack doesn't matter because monferno has all physical moves

damon07
Preschooler

Post by damon07 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:43 am

Monferno has Grass Knot, but you're almost never gonna use that. Also, nature shouldn't matter since you aren't leveling up. Your stats aren't going to change so you should only need to look at those, right?

Tigerkyle
Bug Catcher

Post by Tigerkyle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:15 am

I haven't looked very in depth into stats yet, although you can usually tell stats based off of the natures that they have. The only stat that i know is needed is 95+ attack on monferno. I plan on dissecting potential stats by doing a ton of resets someday and making a notepad of potentials.

Return to “Pokémon Battle Revolution”