PSR Twitch channel

We have a Twitter, Youtube and more!
heero_fred
Youngster

PSR Twitch channel

Post by heero_fred » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:41 am

Are there any plans for it as of now?

if not I have a couple suggestions for it:

= PSR Podcast - A weekly/every 2 weeks/monthly podcast that showcases the pokemon speedruns, promoting the members of the team, talking about strats, and maybe other pokemon news like events and promotions

= Showcase races - hosting a race every week to (again) showcase the pokemon games

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Re: PSR Twitch channel

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:43 am

At the moment, we have a PSR youtube channel, but no content yet. We have a monthly highlight system in development, which you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=97

It's an interesting idea to have a Twitch Channel, but a lot of logistics would need to be figured out. A youtube might be a good starting place for now.
El.Psy.Congroo.
Image Image Image Image Image

heero_fred
Youngster

Post by heero_fred » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:45 am

I thought you guys were in charge of this channel: http://www.twitch.tv/pokemonspeedruns

and I do agree, a youtube channel may be a more easy start in terms of logistics

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 am

heero_fred wrote:I thought you guys were in charge of this channel: http://www.twitch.tv/pokemonspeedruns

and I do agree, a youtube channel may be a more easy start in terms of logistics
I am not sure who owns that account XD Feel free to give suggestions for the Youtube though!
El.Psy.Congroo.

KUSHNNEWPORTS
Preschooler

Post by KUSHNNEWPORTS » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:55 am

I BELIEVE THIS IS A WONDERFUL IDEAD JUST HARD TO PULL OFF WOULD BE COOL TO HAVE A WEEKLY POKE SPEEDRUNS UPDATE SHOW OR A Q AND A WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO PROMOTE

heero_fred
Youngster

Post by heero_fred » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:03 am

a weekly Q & A podcast on the youtube channel could be a good way to start and promote the games, the runners, and PSR as a whole

I'm thinking of at least 2 of this segments (first segment could be it's own special podcast)

>Feature 1 game (it doesn't have to be the full game, for example, you can discuss different parts of Red/Blue speedruns over the course of 2,3 or 4 shows)

>Interviews with 1 or 2 speedrunners a show balancing between the most popular (werster, 5upa, CTM, Gunner,etc...) and the least popular (most people that average less than 10 viewers on the team page)

>A segment featuring new members to the team

we can announce who are going to be the guests in advance and make a google form to recieve question submissions.

Dawtm
Schoolkid

Post by Dawtm » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:43 am

heero_fred wrote:a weekly Q & A podcast on the youtube channel could be a good way to start and promote the games, the runners, and PSR as a whole

I'm thinking of at least 2 of this segments (first segment could be it's own special podcast)

>Feature 1 game (it doesn't have to be the full game, for example, you can discuss different parts of Red/Blue speedruns over the course of 2,3 or 4 shows)

>Interviews with 1 or 2 speedrunners a show balancing between the most popular (werster, 5upa, CTM, Gunner,etc...) and the least popular (most people that average less than 10 viewers on the team page)

>A segment featuring new members to the team

we can announce who are going to be the guests in advance and make a google form to recieve question submissions.
This could work out pretty swimmingly if it all goes well. I could help organize it if its a thing, but it would be a shame to have it be just the final split but with Pokemon.
Will hold wrs for food. I also stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/dawtm

heero_fred
Youngster

Post by heero_fred » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:46 am

it doesn't have to be, I can also help, we just need to sort out how to make it different enough

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu May 08, 2014 10:06 pm

http://www.twitch.tv/pokemonspeedrunstv

Due to the initial enthusiasm for a PSR marathon, we have decided to set up a designated Twitch channel. Feel free to follow or advertise! KevinTurtle
El.Psy.Congroo.

Return to “Social Media”