Twitter Suggestions

We have a Twitter, Youtube and more!
Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Twitter Suggestions

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am

The Official Pokemon Speedruns Twitter can be found here: https://twitter.com/PkmnSpeedRuns

Feel free to post any suggestions here for what you would like to receive updates about. This can include New streamer of the Week, contests, PSR memes, etc.

Silver
Preschooler

Re: Twitter Suggestions

Post by Silver » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 am

You might already have this idea, but maybe if you post about important news here on the forums, tweet about it as well and add a link to the forum.

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 am

Silver wrote:You might already have this idea, but maybe if you post about important news here on the forums, tweet about it as well and add a link to the forum.
Sounds like a plan! We didn't tweet out the news immediately since this was still a WIP, but in the future, definitely a good idea.
El.Psy.Congroo.
Image Image Image Image Image

Silver
Preschooler

Post by Silver » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:25 am

Cooltrainermichael wrote:
Silver wrote:You might already have this idea, but maybe if you post about important news here on the forums, tweet about it as well and add a link to the forum.
Sounds like a plan! We didn't tweet out the news immediately since this was still a WIP, but in the future, definitely a good idea.
Understandable, though I'm sure if you get more people to spread the word, the forum and Twitter account will be seen by more people and news will become more viewed.

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:36 am

Silver wrote: Understandable, though I'm sure if you get more people to spread the word, the forum and Twitter account will be seen by more people and news will become more viewed.
Definitely will be the goal looking forward! Thank you for these suggestions
El.Psy.Congroo.

OU7C4ST
Preschooler

Post by OU7C4ST » Wed May 07, 2014 7:30 am

Yeah, maybe make a post on Monday about setting up a SRL race once a week on the weekend, and have tons of people join? Also, Streamer of the week sounds awesome.

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 pm

This is a good idea, still exploring the most effective use of the twitter. For now, we will focus on major announcements, and once a system seems to be smooth, we'll transition to things like posting about races, etc. Keep in mind we still need everyone's support in terms of retweets or just advertising in general to come check the forums regularly.
El.Psy.Congroo.

heero_fred
Youngster

Post by heero_fred » Wed May 07, 2014 9:22 pm

I don't know how hard would this be, but setting up a bot to post when people from the team goes live playing pokemon games could be a good idea (make it so if a team member is running a non-pokemon game, it won't post a tweet)

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Wed May 07, 2014 9:40 pm

I feel this may be possible in the future, but the issue is spam. We want to make sure that there isn't an excess amount of tweets so that the important tweets don't get lost. Hopefully, most of the runners already tweet our their runs, then probably a retweet might be easier?
El.Psy.Congroo.

Luckless
Site Admin

Post by Luckless » Thu May 08, 2014 12:46 am

Cooltrainermichael wrote:I feel this may be possible in the future, but the issue is spam. We want to make sure that there isn't an excess amount of tweets so that the important tweets don't get lost. Hopefully, most of the runners already tweet our their runs, then probably a retweet might be easier?
Agreed. Also I think the twitter needs to only retweet the best runs. This doesn't necessarily mean World Records, but if someone finally beats their PB and it's a really good run it should be retweeted. That's why I think having multiple people behind the account is important so that they can all be alert to when people get runs and can retweet OpieOP
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Return to “Social Media”