Page 1 of 1

Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:57 am
by froggy25
Download Pokémon Stadium Editor here (version 0.2, November 29th 2016). Windows only at the moment.
Source code: https://github.com/Guernouille/Stadium_Editor

Previous versions:
0.11: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0x92p ... tor_011.7z
0.10: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vgr4m ... tor_010.7z

It's only compatible with USA .z64 ROM at the moment, other languages support will be added later on.
I'll clean source and make proper oop asap.

Randomizer, Type Chart edition, CPU Teams edition, Rentals edition, Pokémon data and Move data edition are done. Learnsets will be editable in the next version, and Scripts a bit later.

I'll write a proper description later hopefully!
For now, simply hover over the elements with a * to have a quick description of what does what in the Randomizer.

A few screenshots:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Checking "Fixed PRNG" fixes the pseudo-random number generator, so you can share your randomization (might be useful for races). Copy/Paste the 6 PRNG Seeds to the other runners, click Fixed PRNG, then Randomize, and you're set.

Have fun !

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.11

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:36 am
by froggy25
Made a quick update tonight, adding Nickname edition and a better randomizer balance.
I also unchecked the "Gym Leaders Pokémon" by default, it wasn't supposed to be checked by default.
And a small display bug was fixed.

The download link in the first post has been updated. I'll write a quick tutorial someday, but by now if you have any questions, just ask them in this thread.

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.11

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:24 pm
by Silvalfo
Hello!

This is wonderful, really! I've been searching the web for a good Stadium editor for ages (since 2011), and this piece of gold is exactly what I was looking for.

It's very good not only for randomized runs, which have been ridiculously fun, but also for hacking the game for balance or challenge.

Thank you very much, this rocks!

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.11

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:21 pm
by Hexatendo
First of all, I would like to say, Thank You! Even though I worked harder because I hex edited the Stadium team (I was the one that made the smogon hacks), This makes it much easier. I have a few questions:

1. Is it okay if I spread this around? I don't know where, most likely gaming forums, Youtube etc. This seems like the most underrated editor. There are lierally no videos on Youtube.

2. When will you release the next version? I would love to edit the pokemon themselves, and randomize them. Also, I think text is easier because everything is in ASCII. (I have been hex editing my stadium hack since 2014)

3. Will you ever make a Pokemon Stadium 2 Editor similar to this one? I would love to try both of them. Although, I should not expect this even in alpha form for another year. Take as much time as you need.

4. This is more of a recommendation, but could you remove the leech seed/toxic combo if you can? It is pretty much the only move related glitch that is NOT fixed in Stadium and Gen 2. The glitch was fixed in Gen 2, but not Gen 1.

5.I presume the future script editor is where move effects will be edited? ex. 20% Freeze chance instead of 10, Flinching and burn instead of just burn. Speaking of this, anyway to have the option of restoring the 30% freeze chance for blizzard? Although this is not removed in Stadium, just unused.

That is all for now. I am really excited that a stadium editor is finally happening! I would really love to see more like this!

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:22 pm
by froggy25
Version 0.2 is out! You can download it here.
A lot of new features have been added with this version:
Randomizer
Pokémon data
• Base Stats, with min/max ranges for each Stat and Base Stat Total
• Types
• Learnsets, there are options to prevent ridiculous things such as Spore Electrode
Move data
• Base Powers, with min/max range (bar a few exceptions like Multi-Hits moves)
• Types (OHKOs will always have an immunity, provided you didn't randomize Types)
• Effects (Several parts of the AI check the moves IDs, so it may be a bit helpless sometimes :P )
• Accuracy and PPs are modified depending on the move data, with some randomness added to it
• Some moves won't be modified as they are hard-coded (such as Counter and Fixed damage moves)
Automatic CRC fixing
• After modifying the Pokémon or the moves data, the CRC needs to be fixed so that the game can start.
Fortunately, this randomizer does just that, so the game can be played on the fly on most modern emulators.
Project64, on the other hand, needs a little tweaking on your part after saving your modified ROM.
1) In Project64 folder, open the .rdb file in your Config folder with a text editor.
2) Find the entry for the unmodified Pokémon Stadium ROM you have
3) Copy-paste it at the end of the file
4) Replace the CRCs with the ones displayed on the randomizer after you saved
The entry for US Pokémon Stadium 1.0 (the only one supported at the moment) is this one:

Code: Select all

[90F5D9B3-9D0EDCF0-C:45]
Good Name=Pokemon Stadium (U) (V1.0)
Internal Name=POKEMON STADIUM
Status=Compatible
Plugin Note=[video] (see GameFAQ)
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1
Linking=Off
Miscellaneous
• Added a Progress Bar in prevision of the next version which will have a super secret feature :mrgreen:
• Coded the basis for other Laguages support
• Fixed a few bugs with the randomizer
• Fixed a few UI minor issues

CPU Teams
• You can rename the CPU Trainers
The complete charset is implemented, you can use every character that is in Pokémon Stadium for your nicknames
• The tab order is in order Kappa

Battle Data
You can now edit:
• Pokémon Base Stats, Types
• Experience group, Base Experience, Catch Rate
• Moves Base Powers, Types, Accuracy, PPs
• Moves Effects
• High Critical Hit moves
• Critical Hit formulas
• Burn effect and Paralysis odds
• Damage variance

Next update will include Pokémon Learnset edition, Damage Formula edition, and a secret playing mode :mrgreen:
Silvalfo wrote:Hello!

This is wonderful, really! I've been searching the web for a good Stadium editor for ages (since 2011), and this piece of gold is exactly what I was looking for.

It's very good not only for randomized runs, which have been ridiculously fun, but also for hacking the game for balance or challenge.

Thank you very much, this rocks!
Thank you very much for using this editor, I'm glad you like it :D
Hexatendo wrote:First of all, I would like to say, Thank You! Even though I worked harder because I hex edited the Stadium team (I was the one that made the smogon hacks), This makes it much easier. I have a few questions:

1. Is it okay if I spread this around? I don't know where, most likely gaming forums, Youtube etc. This seems like the most underrated editor. There are lierally no videos on Youtube.

2. When will you release the next version? I would love to edit the pokemon themselves, and randomize them. Also, I think text is easier because everything is in ASCII. (I have been hex editing my stadium hack since 2014)

3. Will you ever make a Pokemon Stadium 2 Editor similar to this one? I would love to try both of them. Although, I should not expect this even in alpha form for another year. Take as much time as you need.

4. This is more of a recommendation, but could you remove the leech seed/toxic combo if you can? It is pretty much the only move related glitch that is NOT fixed in Stadium and Gen 2. The glitch was fixed in Gen 2, but not Gen 1.

5.I presume the future script editor is where move effects will be edited? ex. 20% Freeze chance instead of 10, Flinching and burn instead of just burn. Speaking of this, anyway to have the option of restoring the 30% freeze chance for blizzard? Although this is not removed in Stadium, just unused.

That is all for now. I am really excited that a stadium editor is finally happening! I would really love to see more like this!
Seeing people using this editor and liking it makes me happy :) Thank you for your post.

1. Yes, by any means feel free to do so !

2. Right now. :ugeek:

3. I'd like to make one, if no one else starts it before I finish working on Stadium 1 of course.

4. I'll add that in the next update.

5. Yes, moves Effects, battle mechanics, battle animations and so on will be editable via the Script Editor. It might take a bit of time to complete (I started implementing the MIPS instructions already). Hopefully I can figure out something so that you don't need to be an assembly guru to be able to use this tool.
And nope, it's quite the opposite, actually. The Blizzard effect is used, but Iwata made it use the standard 26/256 effect chance :P

I hope you like this update !

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm
by Hexatendo
Hey, thank you for version 2.0! I am loving it so far. Here are a few things more to say:

1. Yes, I am saying they still have the 30% Freeze chance in the Pokemon Stadium ROM. It is just unused. I am saying to restore that effect.
2. I feel organization can be better. Why not at least have a separate table for pika cup, petit cup, etc. I end up getting for example, a level 15 dratini for pika cup and then a level 50 bulbasaur for poke cup on the same screen. I do not like this, but this is one of my very few criticisms.
3. I randomized the moveset twice, and I am wondering. There were a lot of Metronome and Transform effects occupying the moveset when it is randomized. Was it just my luck, or is there a bug? To be fair, I checked only about 10 - 15 moves, and 4/5 of them have transform. Maybe I overlooked the options because I wanted a truly randomized experience.
4. Can we randomize what critical hit moves are what? Even though there are only 4 in the entire game, I feel randomizing them is necessary.
5. Mewtwo and Mew are always 250. I don't know why, but when I put in the randomized settings for ALL Pokemon to be randomized from base stat 5 to 250, Mewtwo and Mew are always 250. I really do not know why that is the case. I randomized again to double check, and same thing.

Edit: Did not know Iwata programmed it to change from 30.5 to 10.5%. So basically, we have 2 10.5% chances of freezing effects. That was kinda dumb, but I'll bet he wasn't wasting any time. Also, I tested this out on real hardware, and I found this glitch: I was in one of the stadium cups (Maybe Pika Cup?), and I believe I used Comet Punch (It remained a multi move when I randomized it) On the exeggute. When he was supposed to be attacking, he made a little pose, and then the game locked up on exeggute's idle animations. I assume he was supposed to use fly, dig, sky attack, etc., but I had to reset. Keep in mind, I am playing this on real hardware (Because the Everdrive 64 is number one in my opinion gaming related), and I don't like using project 64, mupen 64, etc. Also, when I use a move that has a metronome effect, it only states that it used the random move. And thank you again for this!

Edit 2: A few more questions!
6. When will we be able to edit gift pokemon? Hitmonchan is nice, but I want a Mewtwo!
7. Last question, will there be a 3D model/texture editor? I was just curious!

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 pm
by Hexatendo
Sorry to double post, but How is it going with the Rom hacking? I see that you visit here quite infrequently!

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:14 pm
by Maniac379
Wow ever since I found Stadium 2 rental offsets last year I had been asking everyone for someone to make an editor just like this! Funny thing was last night I finally gave up and manually edited all the moves. This is fantastic, are you still working on things?

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:16 pm
by Silvalfo
I always come back to this thread to see if there are more people using the tool, it's just too good to remain unnoticed by the community!

I'm having a lot of fun trying to create "balance patches" to make stuff like Bug-types and Fire-types more useful.

Edit: judging by first post here and date joined from most people in this thread, I can see we probably typed "pokemon stadium hex editor" or something on google and found this, then joined these forums and started having fun. I'm down to creating a group in social media (Facebook or even Whatsapp) to maintain more consistent discussions and file sharing about Pokémon Stadium/PS2 editing. What do you guys think?

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:14 pm
by Maniac379
The problem I noticed with this editor is it doesn't have an option to edit the rental pokemon that are available in the 6v6 free battles?

As far as a community I was going to post a thread on Skeetendo/PokeCommunity where the other Pokemon hacks are posted. I'm editing Pokemon Stadium 2 in hex, nothing to crazy, and similar to what's been done before.

Features:
Smogon Movesets
Max Stats (IV/XP)
Open to add any other movesets people want (Can add multiple of each Pokemon)

Debating on giving everyone leftovers

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:13 pm
by Silvalfo
Maniac379 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:14 pm
The problem I noticed with this editor is it doesn't have an option to edit the rental pokemon that are available in the 6v6 free battles?

As far as a community I was going to post a thread on Skeetendo/PokeCommunity where the other Pokemon hacks are posted. I'm editing Pokemon Stadium 2 in hex, nothing to crazy, and similar to what's been done before.

Features:
Smogon Movesets
Max Stats (IV/XP)
Open to add any other movesets people want (Can add multiple of each Pokemon)

Debating on giving everyone leftovers
The thing with Anything Goes mode is that the Rental pokémon are the same rentals from Poké Cup, so changing one changes the other as well.

I'd love to play that Pokémon Stadium hack, too! Is everything going to be max IVs or are you going to edit hidden power types for a few ones (like Marowak)?

Re: Pokémon Stadium Randomizer and Editor 0.2

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:52 am
by Maniac379
Silvalfo wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Maniac379 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:14 pm
The problem I noticed with this editor is it doesn't have an option to edit the rental pokemon that are available in the 6v6 free battles?

As far as a community I was going to post a thread on Skeetendo/PokeCommunity where the other Pokemon hacks are posted. I'm editing Pokemon Stadium 2 in hex, nothing to crazy, and similar to what's been done before.

Features:
Smogon Movesets
Max Stats (IV/XP)
Open to add any other movesets people want (Can add multiple of each Pokemon)

Debating on giving everyone leftovers
The thing with Anything Goes mode is that the Rental pokémon are the same rentals from Poké Cup, so changing one changes the other as well.

I'd love to play that Pokémon Stadium hack, too! Is everything going to be max IVs or are you going to edit hidden power types for a few ones (like Marowak)?
I swear I tried editing all of the rental pokemon and none of them worked for the 6v6 battle.

Here's what I have so far: V0.8 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9hBm ... FNyeDlESG8

I should probably add leftovers. There's room to replace for 65 other movesets.