Version 0.2 is out! You can download it here.
A lot of new features have been added with this version:
• Base Stats, with min/max ranges for each Stat and Base Stat Total
• Learnsets, there are options to prevent ridiculous things such as Spore Electrode
• Base Powers, with min/max range (bar a few exceptions like Multi-Hits moves)
• Types (OHKOs will always have an immunity, provided you didn't randomize Types)
• Effects (Several parts of the AI check the moves IDs, so it may be a bit helpless sometimes
• Accuracy and PPs are modified depending on the move data, with some randomness added to it
• Some moves won't be modified as they are hard-coded (such as Counter and Fixed damage moves)
Automatic CRC fixing
• After modifying the Pokémon or the moves data, the CRC needs to be fixed
so that the game can start.
Fortunately, this randomizer does just that, so the game can be played on the fly on most modern emulators.
Project64, on the other hand, needs a little tweaking on your part after saving your modified ROM.
1) In Project64 folder, open the .rdb file in your Config folder with a text editor.
2) Find the entry for the unmodified Pokémon Stadium ROM you have
3) Copy-paste it at the end of the file
4) Replace the CRCs with the ones displayed on the randomizer after you saved
The entry for US Pokémon Stadium 1.0 (the only one supported at the moment) is this one:
Code: Select all
Good Name=Pokemon Stadium (U) (V1.0)
Internal Name=POKEMON STADIUM
Plugin Note=[video] (see GameFAQ)
• Added a Progress Bar in prevision of the next version which will have a super secret feature
• Coded the basis for other Laguages support
• Fixed a few bugs with the randomizer
• Fixed a few UI minor issues
• You can rename the CPU Trainers
• The complete charset is implemented
, you can use every character that is in Pokémon Stadium for your nicknames
• The tab order is in order
You can now edit:
• Pokémon Base Stats, Types
• Experience group, Base Experience, Catch Rate
• Moves Base Powers, Types, Accuracy, PPs
• Moves Effects
• High Critical Hit moves
• Critical Hit formulas
• Burn effect and Paralysis odds
• Damage variance
Next update will include Pokémon Learnset edition, Damage Formula edition, and a secret playing mode
This is wonderful, really! I've been searching the web for a good Stadium editor for ages (since 2011), and this piece of gold is exactly what I was looking for.
It's very good not only for randomized runs, which have been ridiculously fun, but also for hacking the game for balance or challenge.
Thank you very much, this rocks!
Thank you very much for using this editor, I'm glad you like it
Hexatendo wrote:First of all, I would like to say, Thank You! Even though I worked harder because I hex edited the Stadium team (I was the one that made the smogon hacks), This makes it much easier. I have a few questions:
1. Is it okay if I spread this around? I don't know where, most likely gaming forums, Youtube etc. This seems like the most underrated editor. There are lierally no videos on Youtube.
2. When will you release the next version? I would love to edit the pokemon themselves, and randomize them. Also, I think text is easier because everything is in ASCII. (I have been hex editing my stadium hack since 2014)
3. Will you ever make a Pokemon Stadium 2 Editor similar to this one? I would love to try both of them. Although, I should not expect this even in alpha form for another year. Take as much time as you need.
4. This is more of a recommendation, but could you remove the leech seed/toxic combo if you can? It is pretty much the only move related glitch that is NOT fixed in Stadium and Gen 2. The glitch was fixed in Gen 2, but not Gen 1.
5.I presume the future script editor is where move effects will be edited? ex. 20% Freeze chance instead of 10, Flinching and burn instead of just burn. Speaking of this, anyway to have the option of restoring the 30% freeze chance for blizzard? Although this is not removed in Stadium, just unused.
That is all for now. I am really excited that a stadium editor is finally happening! I would really love to see more like this!
Seeing people using this editor and liking it makes me happy
Thank you for your post.
1. Yes, by any means feel free to do so !
2. Right now.
3. I'd like to make one, if no one else starts it before I finish working on Stadium 1 of course.
4. I'll add that in the next update.
5. Yes, moves Effects, battle mechanics, battle animations and so on will be editable via the Script Editor. It might take a bit of time to complete (I started implementing the MIPS instructions already). Hopefully I can figure out something so that you don't need to be an assembly guru to be able to use this tool.
And nope, it's quite the opposite, actually. The Blizzard effect is used
, but Iwata made it use the standard 26/256 effect chance
I hope you like this update !