School Project: The Perfect Speedrun

Ven
Preschooler

School Project: The Perfect Speedrun

Post by Ven » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi, so im new to these forums but i made this account because for my college-level math class, i need to write an essay using some of the math i had used throught the course. I was thinking of doing this on figuring out the perfect speedrun for a popular speedrunning game. I chose pokemon blue because i still have my gameboy color with the game and play it every once in a while for nostalgia. Plus it will be pretty easy i think to predict the probability since i think there is a probability attached to almost everything in the game that can save or waste time. And chances are the probability for an absolutely "perfect" speedrun (min. Wild encounters, super efficient battles etc.) Is probably gonna be an absurd number but as long as i can prove it with math im good on my essay. Anyway, i myself am not a speedrunner so i i dont know exactly how to predict and calculate a lot of stuff yet. However, if people could post tools or websites or general help that could help me with this project that would be absolutely fantastic. I believe i would also be able to post my results online for everyone here to see. Oh! And as for which speedrun in particular im calculating, im thinking a nidoran run because it will be easier to track one pokemons stats but i dont know what exact speedrun i should do. Im thinking any% glitchless but whatever is the most popular i guess would work. Thanks for anyones help!

Return to “Generation 1”