Removing NPCs by Ditto Glitch'ing

ISSOtm
Preschooler

Removing NPCs by Ditto Glitch'ing

Post by ISSOtm » Fri May 13, 2016 6:44 pm

Hello Pokémon Speedruns !
This is my very first post on this forum, and I'd like to bring your attention towards this.

TheZZAZZGlitch, the famous Pokémon glitcher (ACE, anyone ?) just researched how the Remove Snorlax glitch worked, as he was bothered by the fact that performing the original method of doing the Mew Glitch (Gambler on Route 8 then Youngster on Route 24) will permanently remove the guard from the house in Cerulean (see TheZZAZZGlitch's post for details).

This is just a bump, but really this glitch seems promising for speedrunning, because it could lead to new skips.
Note : cuttable trees don't work this way. You can't cut trees using this glitch, sadly.

Decon082
Jr. Trainer

Re: Removing NPCs by Ditto Glitch'ing

Post by Decon082 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:04 am

The problem is that setting this up is slow, and for all categories we have many other methods at our disposal using item underflow, and they are much faster. For example, we can't get into Silph Co without beating Pokemon Tower, but if we wanted to, we could warp directly inside to any floor we wanted. We also have an item that lets us clip through walls up to 2 tiles thick, so we could just go through the Rocket and straight into the entrance.

But if you wanted to do some more arbitrary categories such as no experience/item underflow then I guess this could be useful. Though it's already been known how to execute this glitch to remove Snorlaxes for a long time. I know I did runs of Any% back in 2013 before item underflow was discovered and I would remove both Snorlaxes using this. And even in like, 2010 this was known for stuff like Catch 'em All (though nobody ever did a speedrun until 2013).
I am the person who has ruined Red "Glitchless" forever and seconhandedly, Blue NSC Single Segment too
http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie/subscribe

Return to “Generation 1”