Autosplitter

cryptoscrambles
Preschooler

Autosplitter

Post by cryptoscrambles » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:58 am

I want to use an autosplitter with Live Split, but I can't figure out how to import it!

Something like this - https://github.com/NieDzejkob/LiveSplit.PokemonRB
Or like this - https://github.com/Maschell/LiveSplit.PokemonRedBlue

I'm just genuinely at a loss for how to take the C# files and make them into an autosplitter. Any help or a compiled autosplitter would be extremely appreciated! Or just how people do splits in general.

cryptoscrambles
Preschooler

Re: Autosplitter

Post by cryptoscrambles » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:10 am

The only reason I ask is that In LiveSplit there's no dropdown for Pokemon anything - if I'm just using the wrong version of LiveSplit, or should be using a different timer, that feedback would also be appreciated!

cryptoscrambles
Preschooler

Post by cryptoscrambles » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:13 am

Planning on using Gambatte or BGB (preferably BGB since I've already got it set up, but honestly having an autosplitter would make me switch).

Thanks - sorry for such a basic question but I'm new to all this!

Keizaron
Site Admin

Post by Keizaron » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:29 am

Try not to make multiple posts in a row like that, and instead try to say everything in one post if possible.

For emulator usage, please refer to the speedrun.com rules on what emulator to use.

cryptoscrambles
Preschooler

Post by cryptoscrambles » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Sorry for the multiple posts! And it's interesting that pokemonspeedruns seems to say that BGB or Gambatte is fine, but speedruns.com says only Gambatte - either way is fine by me!

That said, I can't find anything on speedrun.com about how to set up an autosplitter, although since WR are only on console, I'm guessing the pros don't autosplit because you can't on console?

If anyone knows how to use the autosplitter though I'd greatly appreciate it since I'm not at that level.

Kettler
Preschooler

Post by Kettler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:49 pm

cryptoscrambles wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:31 pm
Sorry for the multiple posts! And it's interesting that pokemonspeedruns seems to say that BGB or Gambatte is fine, but speedruns.com says only Gambatte - either way is fine by me!

That said, I can't find anything on speedrun.com about how to set up an autosplitter, although since WR are only on console, I'm guessing the pros don't autosplit because you can't on console?

If anyone knows how to use the autosplitter though I'd greatly appreciate it since I'm not at that level.
Did you ever find out how to do it? Please share if you did.

Return to “Generation 1”