Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness Speedrunning

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness Speedrunning

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Pokémon XD has one main category: The above URL is a great resource for tips, routes, and rules.

For a list of the current leaderboards:
http://www.pokemonspeedruns.com/index.p ... ness/Times

jolteontrainer
Bug Catcher

Re: Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness Speedrunning

Post by jolteontrainer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:14 pm

This game can also have a 100% run, but ye.

Jolteon vs Espeon discussions shall commence. >:3
mew

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:28 pm

jolteontrainer wrote:This game can also have a 100% run, but ye.

Jolteon vs Espeon discussions shall commence. >:3
I'll add the 100% category once there are more people running it and posting times, if that's alright?
El.Psy.Congroo.
Image Image Image Image Image

jolteontrainer
Bug Catcher

Post by jolteontrainer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Yeah it's no big deal. lol. Just FYI for peeps stopping by.
mew

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Sat May 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Yo what's up. My first post and it's about a game I spent so much time routing and running but let me put as much info in this post so we can get down to business.

So yeah this is something me, Dawtm, and Lblueeagle have been discussing quite a bit lately, but I am leaning STRONGLY towards Espeon as being the best starter. I believe my sum of best using Jolteon add up to 4:51:36, which would be a 4:53 IGT (as of May 24, 2014 this would beat the current WR by 3 minutes). Jolteon route fights 1 additional fight over Espeon due to thunderbolt acquirement. Jolteon also cannot survive an Earthquake, so unprotect Earthquake strats benefit Espeon more. Lots of fights go for one starter over another, but I need Lblueeagle to show me his sum of best so we can think more of this.

Espeon or Jolteon is UNQUESTIONABLY the only eeveelution we can use in a speedrun, especially with it's massive special attack stat, coupled with a + sp.atk nature. For the second pokemon, teddiursa seems to be the best bet, especially when it becomes Ursaring and uses Return / Stab and full friendship (we talking 150 BAM!). I know we used to use Houndour, but it requires 1 additional purification, and flamethrower is an extremely long animation compared to Return's fast one.

I basically put my thoughts here for now. As for 100% not showing up as a category, I agree with CTM's statement since I'm the only person to ever complete a run. Another thing I want to make sure of, but eventually me, Dawtm, and Lblueeagle are going to write some speedrun guides. I know Jolteon won't be optimal anymore, but it's still a starter that can get a strong time and have a WAY easier time easing into the game. I just want to make sure that, once we get ready to put a speedrun guide / route up on the site that the page would be locked, preventing others from messing with the strats since we plan on putting extensive thought into this. No one wants to read inaccurate or sabotaged information.
Is Pokemon an RPG?

golderzoa333
Preschooler

Post by golderzoa333 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:32 am

um can you add a all snags/100% catagory to speedrun.com?

because i have a time....so i wanted it to be displayed....if that's ok..

Return to “Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness”