Pokémon XD - Eeveelutions routing for potential marathons

Zewing
Youngster

Pokémon XD - Eeveelutions routing for potential marathons

Post by Zewing » Sat May 24, 2014 8:40 pm

So basically, this idea arose when me, Dawtm, and LBlueEagle all thought about ways of getting Pokemon XD into a potential AGDQ / SGDQ. With the degree of difficulty for this game on the lower end, we decided to route each Eeveelution (Flareon, Vaporean, Jolteon, Espeon, and Umbreon) in which we use a neutral special attack nature (basically no - or + to sp.atk).

Once we get a basis on a neutral nature run, we plan on routing in which a + sp.atk nature is used (Espeon and Jolteon already have routes w/ +sp.atk -> see Lblueeagle and zewing's personal records). As easy as this game is, - sp.atk would probably be a bit unsafe to run with (remember, we're thinking of a marathon and a reset or two won't hurt).

Even if this idea doesn't get into big marathons, it'd still be something we could have runners offer for any marathon. Here's the ruleset we're going by at first:

1. Regardless of the nature, as long as it's neutral run with it.
2. NEVER run with a -sp.atk nature.
3. If you get a +sp.atk nature, do not run with it UNLESS you have a specific route that's for +sp.atk.
4. Once we establish + and neutral nature runs, we'll try - natures runs.

I'll keep this first post updated with pastebins to each route. This is for potential marathons as a 5 way eeveelution bidding war would help a ton for so many marathons, as long as they accept this game.
Is Pokemon an RPG?

heero_fred
Youngster

Re: Pokémon XD - Eeveelutions routing for potential marathon

Post by heero_fred » Sat May 24, 2014 9:56 pm

This is a really good idea, wish I had XD to help with the routing, I have a question tho:

In the case of Flareon, would you say route with a +Atk, Neutral SpAttack? or stick to both neutral?, while it's Physical movepool is almost non-existant, it does have a good base attack

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Sat May 24, 2014 9:58 pm

The thing is, we want to route in which with marathon strats first. Once we do that, then we'll probably have a little contest to see who can beat the game the fastest with each eeveelution. For now, though, just making XD have PROOF of marathon friendliness is our top priority. But yeah, Flareon would definitely be a interesting route.
Is Pokemon an RPG?

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 pm

The Extremely long overdue reply is finally here.

Basically i have taken the Liberty to route the other three eeveeloutions to see how each would fair in the game and how safe we would need to make them. In order of speed they go (Espeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Umbreon). I used ursaring with each of them and looked at the outcome. Each was done with a neutral nature 16 special attack.

Flareon- The route is simple enough to make and follow through with, hardest fights come at Snattle and the end of the game.

Vaporeon- Came in slightly slower than Flareon and did not have that many issues but alot of slow fights, Hardest fights come at Snattle and end of the game.

Umbreon- Slowest by far and hardest to actually beat the game with. Has no easy fights but no hard fights

If i need to go into more detail about how each works i certainly can.
I could not make her the avatar so she gets the signature to herself <3Image

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm very sorry but things have been coming up and motivation to route or even play XD wasn't there.

Of all the routes, could you say that any one of them have a greater than 80% chance to finish a run with a neutral nature?

Of all the the routes, could you say that any of them are impossible to finish with a -sp.atk nature (aka finish over 6 hours)
Is Pokemon an RPG?

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:25 pm

Zewing wrote: Of all the routes, could you say that any one of them have a greater than 80% chance to finish a run with a neutral nature?

Of all the the routes, could you say that any of them are impossible to finish with a -sp.atk nature (aka finish over 6 hours)
All can be done under 6:15 with neutral 16 regardless of RNG. -sp. atk is a huge issue because the route becomes completely different at that point but i can look more into it for sure. the biggest issue is umbreon because its already slow and really needs 16 sp. atk. to do damage.

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Oh wow, so all w/ neutral nature could get sub 6:15? TBH, that could be enough since resetting in XD is the quickest of all pokemon games. That's quite a promising thing for upcoming marathons too as we could simply make a neutral nature neutral stats save file for marathon...or simply reset again.
Is Pokemon an RPG?

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:35 pm

Zewing wrote:Oh wow, so all w/ neutral nature could get sub 6:15? TBH, that could be enough since resetting in XD is the quickest of all pokemon games. That's quite a promising thing for upcoming marathons too as we could simply make a neutral nature neutral stats save file for marathon...or simply reset again.
it doesnt take much to beat the game under 6 hours with the new stuff ive found in the game simply as long as speed and Special Attack are not being hindered. I do need to work on the routes for the other 3 eevee's more if it does get in to Optimize them with new strats. The only one of huge suspect would be Umbreon only because it has a little more luck involved with the route than the other ones.

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Very promising things. For Umbreon (and actually all non-jolteon routes), do you give the eeveelution exp.share?

Aside from that, we should have a race of this one day. Maybe one race per eeveelution. That way we can see how well we can adapt in a no reset setting.
Is Pokemon an RPG?

Return to “Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness”