Colosseum 100% or Ho-Oh% Routing

tikevin83
Bug Catcher

Colosseum 100% or Ho-Oh% Routing

Post by tikevin83 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:19 am

I've started routing Colosseum Ho-Oh% now that I have some experience with playing the game. I've so far integrated 5 more catches into the main any% route due to their high catch rates. Catching them on this initial pass with the great ball is not essential, but getting at least 3 of the 5 that you don't normally catch will allow them to start purifying in your party as you progress through the storyline towards the master ball. The effective catch chance for these pokemon is quite high, I've only missed maybe one great ball on 20 or so when they were below half health. You can even use poke balls with little risk (this could allow skipping great ball buy from the outskirt stand and saving the money). Here are my findings so far.

Pokemon Colosseum 100% Pre-Master Ball Shadow Pokemon Catches
All poke ball uses assume swap on next turn for dupe glitch

Early catch opportunities:
Trudly's Makuhita
Lon's Slugma
Reath's Remoraid
Sosh's Dunsparce
Zalo's Swablu

Further no master ball possibilities:
Remil's Vibrava
Baila's Sunflora
Ston's Tropius

100% Peon Trudly Fight
Bite Duskull
Confusion Spinarak
Bite Duskull
Return Makuhita
Taunt Makuhita
Return Makuhita
Great Ball Makuhita
Stall Espeon's Turn with Call

100% Bluno Fight
Bite Croconaw
Confusion Grimer
Bite Spoink
Confusion Croconaw
Bite Spoink
Great Ball Croconaw

100% Roller Boy Lon Fight
Shadow Rush Azurill
Confusion Slugma
Great Ball Slugma
Confusion Igglybuff
Shadow Rush + Confusion Swablu

100% Reath Fight
Bite Remoraid
Confusion Spinarak
Great Ball Remoraid
Confusion Luvdisc
Shadow Rush + Confusion Luvdisc

100% Twan Fight (From ExarionU's Any% Guide)
Great Ball Meditite+Confusion Bagon (consider Shadow Rush Bagon+Return Meditite with 63+ Attack)
Shadow Rush+Return Numel (if breakout, Shadow Rush Numel+GREAT BALL Meditite)
Great Ball+switch Great Ball and heal/Return Meditite)
Great Ball+switch Great Ball and heal/Return Meditite)

100% Sosh Fight
Shadow Rush Dunsparce
X Special Espeon
Shadow Rush Dunsparce
Confusion Mareep
Great Ball Dunsparce
Confusion Cacnea

100% Zalo Fight
Shadow Rush Lotad
Return Swablu
Shadow Rush Beldum
Return Swablu
Great Ball Swablu
Confusion Beldum
Shadow Rush + Confusion Lombre

tikevin83
Bug Catcher

Re: Colosseum 100% or Ho-Oh% Routing

Post by tikevin83 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:41 am

I confirmed that Remil's Vibrava and Baila's Sunflora can be efficiently caught pre-masterball, and that the first 50 floors of Mt. Battle can be easily used as purification for 2 of the 3 most difficult pokemon. Floors 50+ very likely need to be used to exp. train Espeon and Feraligatr for the last few fights and the postgame, but I will need to do time comparisons. The other 4 party slots and the daycare do a decent job of purifying while mt battle is wrapped up.

18-20 shadows are caught before the last 5 main story fights, this marks about the 4 1/2 hour point. First Mt Battle grind brings the run to 8-9 hours. There will definitely be a large section dedicated to purifying after catching the remaining 30, which should be another 8 hours. This consists of 2 hours for catching, 2 hours for easy purifications, and 4 hours for hard purifications. This brings the run to worst case 17 hours in-game to have everything caught and purified. The out of game mt battle should then be another 5-6 hours. This brings my worst case estimate of the run length to 23 hours, but it should be doable in 20-21 hours.

tikevin83
Bug Catcher

Re: Colosseum 100% or Ho-Oh% Routing

Post by tikevin83 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Summary of my current deviations from any% route:

Catch the following pokes while following any% strats:
Trudly's Makuhita
Lon's Slugma
Reath's Remoraid
Sosh's Dunsparce
Zalo's Swablu
Remil's Vibrava
Baila's Sunflora

Get U-Disk in the Under for time flute 2
Always fight Ein first to get masterball, then catch all other Cipher Admin's Shadows
After catching Gonzap's Skarmory, leave the main storyline and use floors ~1-50 of Mt Battle to purify suicune and either Entei or Skarmory
After Suicune is 40% of the way purified(about floor 20?), give exp share. This should get Suicune enough levels upon being purified to be much stronger than Feraligatr. This also helps keep levels even for the out of game mt battle run
Use Suicune+Espeon to finish the any% storyline and catch that set of shadow pokes, then complete mt battle 81-100 for time flute 3 and use the time flutes to purify Tyranitar, Metagross, and the remaining of Entei/Skarmory.
The post-game battles are generally too high-level to use for purifying lower level shadows, use them instead for level balancing the team of Espeon/Suicune/Tyranitar/Skarmory
End-game storyline is Snagem Hideout->Shadow Pkmn Lab->Snagem Hideout->Deep Colosseum (should be about 6 more shadow pokes to find after this and before Fein).
After defeating Fein for Shadow Poke 48, purify everything (easier than it sounds with proper nature identification). Mt Battle Area 1 is great for battle-based purification, you have a ton of money for colognes at this point, and walk-based purification gets about 10 middle-difficulty pokemon every 8,000 steps with proper use of the daycare.

I have not yet routed any of the out of game mt battle, and it might be a week before I even can do to issues with save states in Dolphin. The ability to expand the team beyond feraligatr/espeon should make things not very difficult.

Return to “Pokémon Colosseum”