Emulators

Darcovian
Schoolkid

Emulators

Post by Darcovian » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Hey there quick question, where does the Colosseum and XD community stand currently in terms of using emulators? I was thinking about getting into these games at some point however don't have the capture stuff available to do console runs. I don't know how things are in terms of accuracy.

Tigerkyle
Bug Catcher

Re: Emulators

Post by Tigerkyle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:21 pm

emus are banned for Colo and XD because the game just runs absolutely nowhere near the way it should. Most gamecube games are complete ass on emulator

Dawtm
Schoolkid

Post by Dawtm » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Emulators are banned from XD/Colosseum because they're horrible inaccurate and run faster depending on computer specs on dolphin. So you have to run on console, but you can always practice and do runs on emulator of course, they just won't count.

Edit: tiger you nerd
Will hold wrs for food. I also stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/dawtm

Darcovian
Schoolkid

Post by Darcovian » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Fair enough thats no problem, thought I'd make sure before committing myself to something thanks :D

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:14 pm

I'm actually unsure about emulators for XD, but we do know a few things about Colo.

1. It has emu only glitches in it.

Just go to youtube and type "Pokemon Colosseum Glitches" and you'll see.

2. It crashes frequently.

Not many people in the pokemon community have really tested playing colosseum or XD on emulator, but both games need broken enough so we can have any% and any% glitchless. Though, any% glitchless would be a very difficult run to complete for colosseum, not much so for XD.

If I were you, I'd do 1 of 2 things. Either run the games offline and keep the splits on console, or TRY to do a single segment run via emulator. Either way, I'm pretty sure we'd reference emulator times, but we strongly discourage this as dolphin really needs to get better before we can openly accept it like handhelds (we'd separate console from emu times like on gen 4 and up runs, but won't ignore it's presence).

BTW, if you run offline, I encourage you to keep posting in the XD or Colo thread about your time and good / bad things about the run.
Is Pokemon an RPG?

Darcovian
Schoolkid

Post by Darcovian » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:22 pm

well if everyone is running it on console then when I migrate to start real attempts and can afford capture devices then I'll start posting times but untill then ill just do all my practice on the emulator. I was planning on getting a gamecube and stuff anyways so its not an issue.

I dont want to attempt to change any precedents that are in place so yeah :)

starcrytas
Bug Catcher

Post by starcrytas » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:47 am

I came across some Wii emulators for GB, GBC, GBA, and NDS.

I don't know how accurate those emulators are. Has anyone tested?

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:55 am

Starcrytas
I came across some Wii emulators for GB, GBC, GBA, and NDS.

I don't know how accurate those emulators are. Has anyone tested?
I'm unsure if this is the thread to post in since this is only about Colosseum, which is on the GCN. There's a large number of emulators that haven't been properly listed on the wiki or forums, so I'd suggest asking in a thread that corresponds to your game.

Though, I can say that any NDS emulator you use will be treated as an emulator run due to how the IGT works for it.
Is Pokemon an RPG?

Return to “Pokémon Colosseum”