Quilava vs Croconaw as the 2nd Primary pokemon

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Re: Quilava vs Croconaw as the 2nd Primary pokemon

Post by LBlueEagle » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Dawtm wrote:From what he said the AI practically ignores bayleef, Unless it can kill bayleef they wont attack it assume. The AI usually goes ballistic if it cant kill a pokemon or do a gimmick and since bayleef is tanky im sure the AI would cry. With that said you probably wont get far late game because it does around 0 damage i would assume
To elaborate a little more, the AI thinks Bayleef as a non-threat due to its stats and how it scales. if i have finally found out how the AI works they go after the specific pokemon due to stats compared to theres. ie if it has high attack and the poke has low def it goes for it. bayleef's defensive stats are to high for them to understand and they just go crazy. Bayleef is still to terrible to be faster than croc/quilava but making the AI go crazy is pretty entertaining.
I could not make her the avatar so she gets the signature to herself <3Image

Dawtm
Schoolkid

Post by Dawtm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:48 am

LBlueEagle wrote:
Dawtm wrote:From what he said the AI practically ignores bayleef, Unless it can kill bayleef they wont attack it assume. The AI usually goes ballistic if it cant kill a pokemon or do a gimmick and since bayleef is tanky im sure the AI would cry. With that said you probably wont get far late game because it does around 0 damage i would assume
To elaborate a little more, the AI thinks Bayleef as a non-threat due to its stats and how it scales. if i have finally found out how the AI works they go after the specific pokemon due to stats compared to theres. ie if it has high attack and the poke has low def it goes for it. bayleef's defensive stats are to high for them to understand and they just go crazy. Bayleef is still to terrible to be faster than croc/quilava but making the AI go crazy is pretty entertaining.
Me and blueeagle did a race with Bayleef and it was abysmal. The whole AI prediction is completely random due to the fact that it highly depends on your ivs on your defences. It can't do anything late game too still fun to use though
Will hold wrs for food. I also stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/dawtm

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:52 am

Dawtm wrote: Me and blueeagle did a race with Bayleef and it was abysmal. The whole AI prediction is completely random due to the fact that it highly depends on your ivs on your defences. It can't do anything late game too still fun to use though
Yea honestly it makes sense and the fact bayleef is just so bad really saddens me. but in reality im glad we found this out for the future.

jolteontrainer
Bug Catcher

Post by jolteontrainer » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:45 pm

LBlueEagle wrote:
Dawtm wrote: Me and blueeagle did a race with Bayleef and it was abysmal. The whole AI prediction is completely random due to the fact that it highly depends on your ivs on your defences. It can't do anything late game too still fun to use though
Yea honestly it makes sense and the fact bayleef is just so bad really saddens me. but in reality im glad we found this out for the future.
Yeah better to be disappointed earlier.

So yeahhhh about that quilava. OneHand
mew

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:53 pm

jolteontrainer wrote:So yeahhhh about that quilava. OneHand
The only place quilava really loses time/exp is in the building climb and mantine up to dakim. A run of quilava really needs to be completed before i can see the time differences in fights/turns.

Dawtm
Schoolkid

Post by Dawtm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:58 pm

LBlueEagle wrote:
jolteontrainer wrote:So yeahhhh about that quilava. OneHand
The only place quilava really loses time/exp is in the building climb and mantine up to dakim. A run of quilava really needs to be completed before i can see the time differences in fights/turns.
Exp loss isn't huge tbh, you give it the exp share for Agate and itll be almost typhlosion at mt battle. You lose a few turns in shadow pokemon lab because of that but its not huge at all. Id say if Quilava loses more then 3 minutes at mt.battle then its not faster then Croc but through testing i highly doubt it does.
Will hold wrs for food. I also stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/dawtm

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Sat May 10, 2014 6:07 am

Any progress on this route so far? It seems the discussion has died down, and I know there have been some Colosseum runs done since. Would love to keep tabs on what the route is looking like.
El.Psy.Congroo.
Image Image Image Image Image

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Sun May 11, 2014 9:08 pm

Cooltrainermichael wrote:Any progress on this route so far? It seems the discussion has died down, and I know there have been some Colosseum runs done since. Would love to keep tabs on what the route is looking like.
ive started to do animation and turn testing when it comes to both routes. At venus so far Croc is winning only because he is way faster through dakim but i expect them to even out all the way towards the end but i dont know. i should have it finished by the end of the month if i dont get busy doing other things.

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Sat May 24, 2014 8:06 pm

I finally got on this site so I'm going to give my input on this, especially now that I've had more talking with Blkyoshi who's been running with Quilava.

First off, Quilava and Croconaw have their own AI manipulation to factor in. Without knowing this, I am of little help for defending Quilava w/ evidence.

Feraligatr's MAJOR advantage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R9I8vINriw

I made this video during my test run of a masterball-less route that only turned out to be slower overall. HOWEVER, Torrent Feraligatr for Mt. Battle was crazy fast. Even with an additional 2 turn Dakim fight, I was able to save 2 minutes and 13 seconds over my WR run with this Mt. Battle!

So for now, Colosseum has a harder route predicament than XD. I really can't give any more info except what was already stated. Let's solve this puzzle yo
Is Pokemon an RPG?

Return to “Pokémon Colosseum”