Geosenge deathwarp

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Geosenge deathwarp

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:57 am

I talked about this a little on Twitter, but I've done a little more testing since then.

When you go to Route 10 before getting the 2nd badge, you can go all the way to Geosenge Town, but your way to Route 11 is blocked. Once you've beaten Grant, Team Flare Grunts appear on Route 10, two of whom are required. You can avoid having to battle these trainers by going to Geosenge Town Pokémon Center before Grant, and intentionally blacking out after having beaten him. Right now I'm thinking the most consistent way to deathwarp would be to battle Swimmer Marisa on Route 8 and dying to her Masquerain.

For a Lv. 20 Hawlucha, I would probably use 2 Rare Candies on it and progress as normal. For a Lv. 19 Hawlucha, there are some trouble points:
  • You're Lv. 22 for Lane's Linoone instead of Lv. 23, so +2 Karate Chop is a tough range
  • You're Lv. 24 for Franz's Golett instead of Lv. 25, so +2 Wing Attack is a range
  • You're Lv. 24 for Calem 1's Meowstic instead of Lv. 25, so you need the X Speed unless you have 62 Speed at Lv. 21 instead of 57 Speed at Lv. 20
  • You're Lv. 27 for Dash's Heracross instead of Lv. 28, so Wing Attack is a range and Counter is scary
  • You're Lv. 29 for Korrina's Hawlucha instead of Lv. 30, so to guarantee the range you need to X Attack at 71 Attack instead of 64
  • You take a bit more damage here and there
  • You can get encounters in Reflection Cave before Lane, with a small chance of encounters before Monique
It takes about a 25s detour to go to Geosenge Town and back, but you save 1m35s or so from the deathwarp itself. It might be a good idea to use double massage strats in an attempt to compensate for the friendship you'd lose from fainting (and the loss of 1 level with a Lv. 19 Hawlucha), but that's kind of difficult to test since we don't know a lot about friendship in gen 6. I don't know how much time double massage strats waste, but if they're used we're probably looking at an average timesave of 1 minute or just under.

I'll be able to test a little more when I get home. I know these aren't popular speedgames, but hopefully this information will be interesting to some of you.
Last edited by GarfieldTheLightning on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I speedrun Pokémon Pearl, White 2 and X!

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Re: Geosenge deathwarp

Post by Amoeba » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:21 pm

GarfieldTheLightning wrote:I know these aren't popular speedgames, but hopefully this information will be interesting to some of you.
New strats are always interesting, in any run. Good find~
~

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:12 am

Amoeba wrote:
GarfieldTheLightning wrote:I know these aren't popular speedgames, but hopefully this information will be interesting to some of you.
New strats are always interesting, in any run. Good find~
Please, the only reason you're interested is because this strat involves a Masquerain winning a battle :!:
I speedrun Pokémon Pearl, White 2 and X!

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Fucking too right.

#bugs4lyfe
~

FishermanFV
Preschooler

Post by FishermanFV » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:40 am

GarfieldTheLightning wrote:double massage strats
Best strats OpieOP Seriously though, great find!

Return to “Pokémon X/Y”