RNG Manipulation Help

theoblivinator
Schoolkid

RNG Manipulation Help

Post by theoblivinator » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:32 pm

I asked on the IRC, no one responded. I'll ask here and hopefully get some help.

I'm getting started on using RNG Manipulation to manipulate a great starter for me in Platinum. I'm trying to manipulate a Chimchar. I have seen the RNG Manipulation guide on the wiki, but it leaves a lot of unanswered questions for me. Especially since I'm not using the same starter/seed/time as the guide does.

Information:

This is the seed I chose.

This is the time and the delay that I chose.

Here I set up Eon Timer.

Questions:
1.) Did I set up everything correctly up to this point?
2.) How do I know what my ID number will be if I hit the correct seed? The guide says the ID number for their seed should be 12603. What should mine be and how do I figure that out?
3.) Do I need to follow the exact movement like the guide does for their seed? Or since I'm using a different seed will I need a different movement pattern for the beginning of the game? If so how do I figure out my movement pattern for this seed?
4.) When trying to use the TID/SID Manipulation "Pandora's Box" tool on RNG Reporter if brings up an error message saying "No Profiles were detected. Please set up a profile first" It looks like this.

I'm confused on how to set this up. I don't know what most of those terms mean, and on versions it only has 5th gen pokemon games available for selection so how do you set up a 4th gen profile. I don't even know how to find out my MAC Address for my DS, it is the original blue phat DS. Any tips or ideas?

Thanks for anyone who helps me struggle through this.

anirocks99
Schoolkid

Re: RNG Manipulation Help

Post by anirocks99 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:50 am

MoneyHypeMike made a nifty guide on Platinum Piplup Manipulation here https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4x9y7m2lo1sm ... Guide.docx. Its pretty straight forward and only a few things need to be tweaked to get a Char of its intense caliber.

Also, I am a bit confused as to why you use Chimchar, Piplup is indeed faster to beat the game with as Char+Gira < Emp.
Last edited by anirocks99 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:32 am

It was Mike who wrote that guide, not me.

First off, that frame is wayyy too high. You'd have to do loads and loads of steps to reach that frame when you pick up your starter. Try using a seed that gives you a frame that isn't too far above 80.

Movement to reach the frame comes down to trial and error. It's easiest to try this stuff out on emulator. To hit your seed on emulator, divide your delay by 60, subtract that number of seconds from your target time, then subtract 2 more seconds. Use the frame counter to exit the TV broadcast at (your delay+60) frames.

To see whether you've hit your seed, use the TID/SID Manipulation "Pandora's Box" tool. When it asks you to fill out a profile, just make up some data to put in there - the data only matters for gen 5 manipulation. Enter your Trainer ID into the tool, and it'll tell you what second and delay you hit. If you hit the wrong second and delay, make some adjustments and try again. If the delay you hit is even and you're aiming for an odd delay (or vice versa), advance the year by 1 (this reduces the delay by 1).

Once you've hit your seed, it's time for the aforementioned trial and error bit. Basically you just try various movement patterns and see how far off from your frame you are, then try again if you don't get it. This Lua script can help you out with this process. If you don't use the Lua script, you can match the nature and IVs of the starter you get to a specific frame for your seed in RNG Reporter.

Good luck!
I speedrun Pokémon Pearl, White 2 and X!

woodland14
Preschooler

Post by woodland14 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:37 am

I have tried to set up a profile but i don't know what to put for any of the things. I am trying to speed run platinum and I have no idea what to enter. The same thing happens to me when I open Pandora's box as it did with theoblivinator so I don't know what to enter in. Any help GarfieldTheLightning or anyone else?

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:01 am

As I said in the post above yours:
GarfieldTheLightning wrote:When it asks you to fill out a profile, just make up some data to put in there - the data only matters for gen 5 manipulation.

woodland14
Preschooler

Post by woodland14 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:04 am

Ok the problem was that I didn't know what the MAC address was but I found it but thanks

theoblivinator
Schoolkid

Post by theoblivinator » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:19 pm

Well, I wouldn't call this a bump since it's still the last topic we've had for this game. I had stopped trying to do the RNG Manipulation because I thought it was too complicated for me, but I'm giving it a shot again and now I'm understanding it more I think. Anyways I have a question.

The seed I'm trying to hit is as follows:
Seed: 410214BD
Frame: 102
Hour: 2
PID: DFADCC9
Date: 11/05/2014 @ 02:10:00
Delay: 5295

This should give me a starter with a Lonely nature and the following IVs:
Hp: 25
Atk: 31
Def: 28
SAtk: 31
SDef: 23
Spd: 31

I've set up my Eon Timer like so:

And it looks like I hit that seed on one of my attempts!

Anyways when I was checking with the Pandora's Box ID/SID Manipulation Tool I noticed a difference. I'm attempting to hit a second of 0 right? Since my time is 02:10:00. Here I hit a second of 1. Does that literally mean I was one second too late? I'm asking because if I put in a target second of 1, it add a second to my Eon Timer countdown, so that means I must have set up Eon Timer correctly with having my target second be 0, so I'm not sure how else to calibrate the Eon Timer to compensate for hitting my seed a second late.

I realize I could be overthinking it and this might not matter at all, but I'm still new to RNG Manipulation. I suppose the answer is pretty simple, or there might not even be a problem here. Huge thank you to whoever helps me clear this up.

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure the seconds part refers to the second that you start the game. So yes, in that case you hit the exact frame you needed once you were in the game, but in the DS/3DS menu you started the game a second too late.
~

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Try pressing Start on EonTimer slightly after you set the time on your console. When I used EonTimer for Pearl, I had decent success with starting EonTimer roughly 0.6 seconds after I set the time.

theoblivinator
Schoolkid

Post by theoblivinator » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:39 pm

Thanks guys, I'll try that. I was getting frustrated because I've hit my seed about six or seven times now, but every time I've hit it at 1 second, instead of 0 second.

Just out of curiosity, I've been doing this on the original phat DS. Is the DS Model itself what causes this time mis-matches between Eon Timer and the system time? Or is it all human error?

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:41 pm

You haven't hit "your seed". Your seed is 410214BD, and the seed you've been hitting is 420214BD.

The timing will be slightly different when you load up a save file, which is the more common scenario for those using EonTimer. When you follow EonTimer's suggested number of seconds before booting up the game, I assume you get the right second with much more accuracy if you're loading up a save file rather than trying to manipulate a starter from a blank cart.

theoblivinator
Schoolkid

Post by theoblivinator » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Oh derp, I never noticed that. I feel stupid now. Well the last hour I've been getting closer to hitting the correct seed I want then. Usually I'm hitting a delay around 5291-5293, never anything higher that that. I've also hit 0 seconds more consistently, even though a few 1 seconds still pop in. Guess I'll keep practicing.

Thanks for the info again and the tips!

Edit:

A few hours later..

NAILED IT!

I'm so happy right now. asdfadsjfalksj;dfa;djkfa

Edit #2:

Getting the frame was so much easier since I chose the same frame as the tutorial.

ImageImageImage

PogChamp OH BABY THOSE STATS.

WR HERE I COME!

woodland14
Preschooler

Post by woodland14 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Alright. So I have tried over 100 times today to hit my seed(the one for Piplup route), and I haven't hit it once. Can anyone give me some tips. I am using Eon Timer, and I have everyone thing set up right, but I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried starting the Eon Timer .6 seconds after I start my 3ds timer to have the times generally synced, but I was never able to hit the correct seed. Then I just started clicking start on the Eon Timer at the same time i pressed Ok on my 3ds to change the time and that didn't work either. I have generally been hitting the correct second(except maybe 5 times out of the 100ish times I've tried) and my delay will range from 2 frames late to 10 frames late. Not once have I hit the correct frame even when my second was wrong , and I have also hit the TID that is 2 frames late probably like 20 times. I just don't know what else to do. Maybe it is just my error of being late or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Also I have hit the correct seed in the past before, but only twice. Let me know what you think. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:43 pm

woodland14 wrote:Alright. So I have tried over 100 times today to hit my seed(the one for Piplup route), and I haven't hit it once. Can anyone give me some tips. I am using Eon Timer, and I have everyone thing set up right, but I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I have tried starting the Eon Timer .6 seconds after I start my 3ds timer to have the times generally synced, but I was never able to hit the correct seed. Then I just started clicking start on the Eon Timer at the same time i pressed Ok on my 3ds to change the time and that didn't work either. I have generally been hitting the correct second(except maybe 5 times out of the 100ish times I've tried) and my delay will range from 2 frames late to 10 frames late. Not once have I hit the correct frame even when my second was wrong , and I have also hit the TID that is 2 frames late probably like 20 times. I just don't know what else to do. Maybe it is just my error of being late or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Also I have hit the correct seed in the past before, but only twice. Let me know what you think. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
If you're consistently hitting a number of frames late, put (target delay+number of frames late you are) in the Delay Hit box, then click Update. This will adjust the Calibrated Delay slightly, hopefully fixing your timing.

woodland14
Preschooler

Post by woodland14 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Thanks Garfield. Got it my second try!!!!!

jelome1989
Preschooler

Post by jelome1989 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Hey guys, just a quick question, is there a guide on how to advance the frames for a starter? Because based on what I have read here and on other sites, it seems to be pretty much trial and error, like trying various movement patterns, counting the steps, etc. or am I just missing something? I'm not into speedrunning actually (though planning on trying it!), just want to RNG a starter Pokemon and got led by Google here.

Return to “Pokémon Platinum”