RNG Manip For Fire Red / Leaf Green

jtmagicman
Schoolkid

RNG Manip For Fire Red / Leaf Green

Post by jtmagicman » Sun May 10, 2015 5:04 am

So looking though the forums I couldn't really find much on info for RNG Manip for FR/LG

There are some things mentioned here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=398&start=25 mainly thats for sapphire but with no sort of guide for use in a single segment for Fire Red

I haven't seen mev or any other runners use rng manip yet so any info would be grateful

froggy25
Bug Catcher

Re: RNG Manip For Fire Red / Leaf Green

Post by froggy25 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:31 am

This might help you a bit:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rn ... -93.62357/

As you can guess, it's much easier on RSE

Keizaron
Site Admin

Post by Keizaron » Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

That was a mountain of a read, and I didn't catch it all, so maybe I missed where it said so, but from what I gathered, you can manipulate the Squirtle by saving and quitting before picking him and manually breaking it down from there. I'm curious if there's a single segment application for this (which, like I said, I probably missed).

Dabomstew
Site Admin

Post by Dabomstew » Sun May 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Do also note that everything said in this topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=424 applies to FRLG as much as it does to Emerald. So you can check your Trainer ID when you start the game and plug that into a program to get clusters of Squirtles to aim for per run. The only differences are that the range of acceptable stats is different, the frame ranges you're aiming for are different and you have less downtime before picking the starter so it'd be harder to read through the program output in a timely manner.

jtmagicman
Schoolkid

Post by jtmagicman » Mon May 11, 2015 6:16 am

Dabomstew wrote:Do also note that everything said in this topic viewtopic.php?f=8&t=424 applies to FRLG as much as it does to Emerald. So you can check your Trainer ID when you start the game and plug that into a program to get clusters of Squirtles to aim for per run. The only differences are that the range of acceptable stats is different, the frame ranges you're aiming for are different and you have less downtime before picking the starter so it'd be harder to read through the program output in a timely manner.
Thanks for the help Dabomstew,

Ill try messing around for it in a single segment would be nice to get a good cluster if I can figure something out

Return to “Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green”