Leaderboard Picture Change

MarcusTEllis
Bug Catcher

Leaderboard Picture Change

Post by MarcusTEllis » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 am

I know its a rather small issue, but can someone who knows how change the leaderboards picture change it from the Ruby box art to the Sapphire box art? It’s correct with the most popular game for every game but ours.

G_heinz
Pokémon Trainer

Re: Leaderboard Picture Change

Post by G_heinz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:31 am

marcus hittin the hard issues Kreygasm

MarcusTEllis
Bug Catcher

Post by MarcusTEllis » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:48 am

You know it Kappa

Luckless
Site Admin

Post by Luckless » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:08 am

MarcusTEllis wrote:It’s correct with the most popular game for every game but ours.
I believe White 2 is also more popular than Black 2 and some game versions are more popular for different categories and not others but that's besides the point.

The reason they are like that is because the pictures correspond to the first title named. Since it is officially listed in that order by the company itself, that is how we list them as well. If we changed this to correspond to the most "popular" version, we may have problems with games that are equal in terms of speedrunning where the statistically most popular version might change over time after more runs are done of it. I could use FireRed/Leafgreen as an example of this if you imagine Any% being the only category listed, some people run FireRed and some run LeafGreen. If the best time is set on LeafGreen (which it was, by MEvRNG) and therefore everyone who sees it uses LeafGreen version, would we have to change the image? Then if we do and later on someone else gets a better time on FireRed, would we have to change it back? I don't think it's necessary.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Image Image Image Image Image

G_heinz
Pokémon Trainer

Post by G_heinz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:10 am

ruby will never be more popular XD but that's a fair enough explanation and you might as well keep consistent with an unchanging metric.

MarcusTEllis
Bug Catcher

Post by MarcusTEllis » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:20 am

Ok Luckless, I see where you're coming from and i understand the rationale. If that is the case then maybe there could be a way to show both games in the picture? Again this is not a pressing issue by any means, but if you guys are thinking about re-coding the site i think it would look sharp to, for example, include a picture with both fire red and leaf green shown, ect. Food for thought, thanks for your time.

Return to “Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire”