Sapphire Discussion

G_heinz
Pokémon Trainer

Sapphire Discussion

Post by G_heinz » Fri May 23, 2014 12:36 am

since the saf community has been gaining members and momentum lately, i figured it would be good to have a thread like this to suggest/discuss various strats. it should be a good place for learners to ask questions about the game as well as more experienced runners to share strats and discuss improvements in the route, especially since a number of changes have occurred recently from the old route on the wiki.

let the salt flow

MarcusTEllis
Bug Catcher

Re: Sapphire Discussion

Post by MarcusTEllis » Fri May 30, 2014 6:57 pm

So I’ll post a strat that I use regarding the early game shopping. If I go into Petalburg for the first time with a zig or pooch and a decent amount of health (I usually judge “decent” as I can be healed to full with an oran) then at the pokemart I will buy 1 potion, 3 repels, 1 xspeed, and 3 xattacks. This leaves me with 2 potions to get though Roxanne (assuming that you use the mother heal and don’t use a potion before the first zig fight) and no repels for granite cave. However the advantage of this is you don’t have to shop in Rustboro or Mauvile to get the 1 xattack you use on cool trainer brooke. Of course this is risky because if you get growled by rival 2 you’d be dead or if you get growled by cool trainer brooke’s wingull you can’t OHKO the roselia, but I like risky. ;)

G_heinz
Pokémon Trainer

Post by G_heinz » Fri May 30, 2014 9:06 pm

yeah that strat is definitely faster. fuck rustboro shopping. although i don't like the idea of taking the momheal because it takes a while, i've definitely had runs where i didn't even need to use either of my spare potions, so even though it's risky i would say to get a great time you would want to start using such strats.

also given the fact that smart HP manipulation can all but completely rule out getting growled on rival 2 and CTB, i would say the spare x atk is unnecessary anyway.

definitely something i'ma start thinking about.

spitfire
Bug Catcher

Post by spitfire » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:49 am

Me and Heinz have been talking and we are thinking about making a IV Table similar to Gen 1s, Shouldnt be to hard to make its just a result of not being lazy. If anyone wants to give us a hand would be much appricated, once we know certain IVs certain strats could come to light depending on exact stats at exact levels

G_heinz
Pokémon Trainer

Post by G_heinz » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:48 am

i've already got lv. 5 mapped out on the guide i'm writing as well as a few levels after that. i think it would be really useful to see what stat ranges are useful at what levels and IVs with what natures, both for kip and kyogre--actually especially for kyogre. i'm probably gonna start writing that up soon. won't be too difficult to make.

Return to “Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire”