Coin Case Glitch Problems

Link2425
Preschooler

Coin Case Glitch Problems

Post by Link2425 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:34 am

I recently started running this game, and whenever I try to do the ending and warp to beat red it doesn't work. I have checked the box names and they are all right. I switch the return to where it is supposed to go on wooper. Wooper is in the forth slot in my pokemon and I tried the egg, kenya, and Croconaw. None of them work. I walk down one tile and four to the right, sometimes the game will reset with distorted colors when I do it, but most of the time I use the coin case and the game says "Which move?PP of" and that's it, it does nothing after that, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Gymfreak739
Schoolkid

Re: Coin Case Glitch Problems

Post by Gymfreak739 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Are you using emulator or console? If emulator, only BGB works. Gambette and VBA do not. If you are using BGB, or on console, did you make sure that Wooper is holding TM12? Did you play Bellsprout's cry in the Pokedex (using the right button too. Not sure if it actually matters though)? Did you switch pockets before using Coin Case?

Link2425
Preschooler

Post by Link2425 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:20 pm

I've been using VBA, I'll use bgb and see if that works, I was doing everything else you posted though.

luckytyphlosion
Pokémon Trainer

Post by luckytyphlosion » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:39 pm

Correction: Gambatte and VBA DO work, however those emulators do not correctly emulate a hardware limitation of the Game Boy. This means you can skip writing some box characters that wouldn't cause the game to crash on an emulator, but would crash the game on console. (if you didn't write the box characters)

BGB also doesn't emulate this hardware limitation, but it has an emulator function that pauses the game (which would invalidate your run) if the game would have crashed because of that hardware limitation.

(sorry if the explanation doesn't make sense, it was hard to explain without going too technical)

Your game might have crashed because your Egg/Kenya had "bad" DVs, which cause the game to crash if they were in the third position.
Jack-Flys are OpieOP.

"GO ASK SANQUI" - luckytyphlosion whenever someone asks about how something in Pokémon Red/Blue works. (this means you exarion Kappa)

Link2425
Preschooler

Post by Link2425 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:57 pm

It worked with bgb, thank you for the help

Return to “Pokémon Gold/Silver”