2 Different Gold Glitched Categories?

anirocks99
Schoolkid

2 Different Gold Glitched Categories?

Post by anirocks99 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:59 am

There has been a big issue amongst the consensus as to what the category of "Gold/Silver Glitched" has become. First was the Bad Egg Glitch which was exciting to see the funny and humorous results as in Werster's AGDQ 2013 and was a generally fun game to run. Then came Sanky who introduced a newer and somewhat bizarre way of beating the game in nearly half the time. Sure, Gold is much more of a speed game, but the excitement of hatching a hybrid egg has gone amongst the shadows and now, it's just typing letters as fast as possible while raging over 1 spinner losing the run. Many Great runners of Egg Glitched like CP1414 and Werster have left the category for good considering its overlooked by Coin Case, and now, we need to use RNG Manip to get even the Coin Case Record SwiftRage SwiftRage SwiftRage SwiftRage SwiftRage SwiftRage SwiftRage SwiftRage

But Seriously, my proposition is to introduce 2 different Gold Glitched Categories- One Coin Case Corruption and One Bad Egg to get back previously great runners and promote more runners to run each category.

luckytyphlosion
Pokémon Trainer

Re: 2 Different Gold Glitched Categories?

Post by luckytyphlosion » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:32 am

Sure, and maybe we'll also separate Blue Blastoise% and Red Nidoking%. Kappa

I don't think it'll catch on. As a Challenge% category, possibly, but saying Bad Egg (which isn't even in gen 2) corruption% category may as well be Pokemon Red Nidoking% no pokedoll skip or separating Blue and Red.
Jack-Flys are OpieOP.

"GO ASK SANQUI" - luckytyphlosion whenever someone asks about how something in Pokémon Red/Blue works. (this means you exarion Kappa)

anirocks99
Schoolkid

Post by anirocks99 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 pm

maybe we'll also separate Blue Blastoise% and Red Nidoking%
For one thing, it is somewhat seperated in the leaderboards with blue on times with Blastoise and red in times with Nidoking which does give a valid indication of time differences.
I don't think it'll catch on. As a Challenge% category, possibly, but saying Bad Egg (which isn't even in gen 2) corruption% category may as well be Pokemon Red Nidoking% no pokedoll skip or separating Blue and Red.
Of course it will catch on, first off, its a very fun and quirky category and Coin Case is a somewhat linear, rutty category which hones only skills of naming, not of overall battling(for the most part). Excuse me, I meant to say bad clone, sorry. And idk how the heck it would be like no pokedoll skip or seperating the games. Both games can be used for the most part and there is a much bigger difference between the two categories past The Second Badge. In coin case you do a whole much of TM grinding and XP handling to beef happiness and change names in a box. In Bad Clone, you go to DayCare PC, deposit a lot of well things into the PC, save and quit at a specific time, and using a bad clone, underflow your pokemon and beat the game using the death glitch. So while it may no longer see the light of day in normal Any%, having it back as a Challenge% category wouldn't be a bad idea TriHard

Sanqui
Jr. Trainer

Post by Sanqui » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:30 am

Just run on Japanese, it doesn't have the coin case exploit
I am the person who has ruined Gold Glitched forever and seconhandedly, Red NSC too
Ask me to make a dumb romhack for you!

Jul, a board.

Return to “Pokémon Gold/Silver”