Old Gold Any% route (bad clone)

Sanqui
Jr. Trainer

Old Gold Any% route (bad clone)

Post by Sanqui » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi!
Can somebody tell me what can you do with a bad clone before it's "fixed" by the daycare? Can you, for example, withdraw more than 6 pokémon?

Lazy question I know. Sorry! OpieOP
I am the person who has ruined Gold Glitched forever and seconhandedly, Red NSC too
Ask me to make a dumb romhack for you!

Jul, a board.

Allie
Bug Catcher

Re: Old Gold Any% route (bad clone)

Post by Allie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:52 pm

I don't think there's too much you can do with it before talking to the daycare lady. Before the daycare lady, if I remember correctly, you put the bad clone at the bottom of your party (slot 6) and make sure box 2 is completely filled with Abras. On English version, I believe your party should look like: Croconaw, Egg, Egg, Egg, Abra, bad clone. After you talk to the daycare lady and "purify" your clone, you go back to the PC move a pokemon from box 1 into your party (Croconaw clone I think). At that point you can withdraw all the Abras from box 2 and then box 1 until you crash.

Sorry, I'm a little fuzzy on the English route, so I hope this is accurate. The Japanese route is a little different, so if you're interested in that, let me know!

Shenanagans
Site Admin

Post by Shenanagans » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:37 pm

I don't believe you can withdraw more then 6 pokemon until you put the bad clone in the daycare center.

*Warning this is probably false information*

I think the "bad clone" comes out as a hybrid of a pokemon and a cancel button, and by putting it into the daycare we "remove" the pokemon part. When you have 2 cancel buttons in your inventory is when you are able to withdraw past 6 pokemon. This is how I remember it being explained to me close to 2013 so take it for what its worth Kappa
Feel free to follow me for all your Pokemon Resetting Needs!

Image Image Image

luckytyphlosion
Pokémon Trainer

Post by luckytyphlosion » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:41 am

Plz, it's called 0xFF, at least try to speak programming Kappa b.

FF has to be at the beginning of the party, so it masks the real cancel button though.

It's to stabilize the "Bad Clone" because it's a hybrid. If you go into Pikasav, you'll see there is a "Pokemon" Part and the "Pokemon Sprite" part. It's basically mixing those together.
Jack-Flys are OpieOP.

"GO ASK SANQUI" - luckytyphlosion whenever someone asks about how something in Pokémon Red/Blue works. (this means you exarion Kappa)

Return to “Pokémon Gold/Silver”