Pokemon Weekly Puzzle Challenge! Task #1

Shenanagans
Site Admin

Pokemon Weekly Puzzle Challenge! Task #1

Post by Shenanagans » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:46 am

This will be a trial for a new weekly competition I'm looking to get started, in which participants will be given a task on Saturday and will have until the following Saturday to record a run completing the task, and send me a link to the run (via twitter, discord, or twitch message). For this challenge the official deadline will be Next Saturday the 29th at 11:59 PM EST. The top 5 times will appear in a highlight video I will post each week, and all times will appear on the PWP leaderboards!! These tasks will all follow the current NSC rules, and will also oftentimes have a few additional restrictions added to them. So without further adieu here is the official week 1 task!

Task 1: Knock-Out an enemy Tangela without gaining any experience.

Timing ends when the text box "Enemy TANGELA fainted" appears (advance through the remaining battle text to verify no experience is gained).

Universal Rules:

Current No Save Corruption Rule-set

Timing begins upon pressing "Continue" after reloading the saving for Brock Skip

Before creating this save you can do anything except for the following:

- Select Charmander or Squirtle as your starter
- Catch a pokemon
- Advance past the pewter/route 3 boundary
- Beat brock
- Level past level 8
- Activate a trainer fly

Timing ends when the Task is complete!

There are no additional rules for this Task! Good Luck and have fun everybody! Next week's task will be a bit more of a challenge, but I feel it is best to keep the first task fairly basic.

Make sure you link me a video of the challenge being completed (I suggest an unsolicited Youtube video or an Alt Twitch Account highlight). Remember this is a competition, so if you publicly showcase your run others may steal your route.

Contacting me:
1) Discord: Send a PM to Shenanagans. If you are in the PSR discord you can find me there.
2) Twitter: @ShenanagansSmash tweet at me that you have a video and I will add you to DM it to me.
3) Twitch PM: Send a message to "Shenanagans_" on twitch. This is not the best way to reach me as many messages get sent to spam...
Feel free to follow me for all your Pokemon Resetting Needs!

Image Image Image

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”