Blue NSC Manipulation Question

v3nevergod
Preschooler

Blue NSC Manipulation Question

Post by v3nevergod » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:57 am

Hey guys, is there something one has to do to consistently get Chansey after Squirtle on the title screen(trainer ID manip)? In all the runs and the few tutorials that I have seen people seem to be getting Chansey all the time and I keep getting Jolteon. What am I missing!?

entrpntr
Pokémon Trainer

Re: Blue NSC Manipulation Question

Post by entrpntr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:31 pm

1) If using emulator, make sure you are running on BGB w/GBC bootrom (instructions here if needed).
2) Hard reset
3) Don't press any buttons at all after hard resetting. Chansey should follow Squirtle on the title screen.

In case you need a video with inputs as a sanity check to make sure you are doing things properly before & after Chansey appears, here you go.

v3nevergod
Preschooler

Post by v3nevergod » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:02 am

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it doesn't help. See, the problem is, everything works jolly well when I'm using bgb, it's the actual GBC that seems to be playing nasty. The same happens when using the 3DSVC, but I can understand that as there is no GBC bootrom and after hard resetting the game goes straight to the copyright screen. After hard resetting the Gameboy with save data cleared everything happens as it should(and I know I'm pressing the right buttons since I can do it on the emulator) until Squirtle goes off and on pops the Jolteon and I'm lost and confused. Is there a difference in how the rng seeding works between the American and European versions of the console? Seems unlikely, seeing how the GBC is region free, but still my only guess...

Keizaron
Site Admin

Post by Keizaron » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:31 am

If you're on the actual Game Boy Color, it won't work. This works with the BGB emulator and the Game Boy Player attachment.

v3nevergod
Preschooler

Post by v3nevergod » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:57 am

Oh alright, didn't know that. Thanks for you reply.

entrpntr
Pokémon Trainer

Post by entrpntr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:32 pm

BGB w/bootrom and the Game Boy Player both essentially behave as GBA's. A regular Game Boy Advance (or GBA SP) will also do the manip correctly if you have one handy. But yeah, the GBC has some slight but crucial difference(s) when booting, which means the manipulations won't work there.

SolotheHawk
Preschooler

Post by SolotheHawk » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:19 am

Will the manipulations not work at all on a GBC? Or can I keep resetting for the Chansey eventually?

krazyd4n
Bug Catcher

Post by krazyd4n » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:26 am

The manipulations we use on bgb and game boy player will not work on gbc.
You will need to find your own manipulations to do runs on gbc.

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”