Trainer associated Pokemons

CanOwl
Preschooler

Trainer associated Pokemons

Post by CanOwl » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:18 am

Hey guys.
I was not able to find a complete list of all possible Pokemons associated with a single trainer via the mew glitch. I have been wanting to create such a list, but I figured it might be a good idea to ask the community first, if such a list already exists or if it is possible to figure out the pokemons by looking at the game code or whatever. I am not familiar with these things, which is why I am doing it the old fashioned way at the moment. I always wanted to know if it is possible to catch all 151 in just the red version then without using item underflow etc.
Cheers

eddaket
Schoolkid

Re: Trainer associated Pokemons

Post by eddaket » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:07 pm

There's this picture here:

http://puu.sh/257S

It's not a searchable list, but it prevents you from needing to check every trainer.

CanOwl
Preschooler

Post by CanOwl » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Wow thanks mate! That helps a lot!

noobcubed
Bug Catcher

Post by noobcubed » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:54 pm

If you want to try "old-school" 151 - no item underflow, no Brock through walls, and no cooltrainer - watch Werster's run (since he hasn't run it since those glitches were discovered). The basic idea is to use specific trainer Pokemon to Trainer-fly as many Pokemon as possible. For Pokemon whose Trainer-fly special number doesn't have a compatible trainer, you can use your own Pokemon and manipulate its Special stat with Rare Candy/Calcium to the required number, then have a Ditto transform into that Pokemon (it copies your Special stat) and use that. You can also catch a limited number of Pokemon from the Old Man glitch, but only three + their evolutions because the species you can catch depend on the 3rd, 5th and 7th characters of your character's name.

EDIT: I've had a thought - with new RNG manipulation techniques you could potentially force encounters with wild Pokemon with specific Special stats to Trainer-Fly from. That could make things interesting...

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”