rival name underflow values?

corvalus11
Preschooler

rival name underflow values?

Post by corvalus11 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:45 am

so ill be doing this weird glitchy lets play type of things where i basically do an nsc while obtaining a certain pokemon and items to then complete it a second time beating many more trainers. so i was wondering if i could get all the items i want from my rival name in the underflow menu. i want to get rare candies (50+), a bike, some type of jack item and max revives and/or max elixirs. rare candies arent essential either as i can pick one up on the way and use that to setup dry underflow and have a full stack leftover. i couldnt find a chart anywhere that show how to determine bag values based on the characters of the rival name and i thought here would be the best spot since its filled with catch em all runners who know lots about item underflow and manipulating it :)

eddaket
Schoolkid

Re: rival name underflow values?

Post by eddaket » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:22 am

I can't get to the big list on glitch city (site is down?), but you can do it this way:

Find the item you want here and remember the ID number: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... eration_I)

Find the letter you want to use here, match it up and go (the level is the ID number): http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Old_man_glitch

For the rival name, every other letter corresponds to an item, and the other letters correspond to quantity. Using the above lists, if my rival name was "-?!/" I would get:

TM27 x230
TM31 x243

and so on. Many of the items you need (other than JACK, for JACK use R for an item) you are going to need to find another way than the Rival name. Mutating using the x position on the map (slot above warping) is usually a good way to do so.

corvalus11
Preschooler

Re: rival name underflow values?

Post by corvalus11 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 am

i think i figured out how to get exactly what i need, ill use the rival name to get jack, i underflow with rare candies, then get max elixirs from mount moon pokemon centre, and max revives and full restore and bike from pewter city. item underflow does have alot of items you can steal, i store them in the pc then break my underflow so then my run doesnt end from tm overflow from gym leaders

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”