any% no menu overflow

khz
Preschooler

any% no menu overflow

Post by khz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:15 am

here's a gdoc for a fun category shenanagans helped me route

i call it "any% no menu overflow", because that conveniently bundles item underflow and save corruption into one thing. its any%, but no menucheating Keepo

its a fun route for those looking for a short run (under an hour) thats still very glitchy, but isnt full on any% NSC. you also get the fun of stomping through the elite4 + champ, and you get to BTW twice!

i was running it as segmented and using IGT, since its super reset heavy to get the death-fly on bug-catcher. it could be re-routed to not do a death-fly, which would be more consistent. this is just really a category for fun, so i wanted to push it as much as possible.

i'd love feedback on the route, there are definitely improvements to be made.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vUL ... sp=sharing

khz
Preschooler

Re: any% no menu overflow

Post by khz » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:24 am

possible improvements i can think of:

use missingno to get a lot of an item to avoid having to pickup nugget. this would mean no elixir too, so TMs would need to be rerouted.

use CoolTrainer or a glitch move somehow? not sure if this is feasible at all, or if there's a useful way to use any of these to do anything. maybe to write certain values into your inventory. would need to not turn your inventory into a hex-editor, otherwise we may as well go back to NSC :P

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”