151 - Fly HM for Mew

Lycake
Preschooler

151 - Fly HM for Mew

Post by Lycake » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Hello!
I was running NSC for a while because it is so short, but wanted to try out 151 now. Everything works well until the point where you go into the fighting dojo right after you cath Mew and you are supposed to teach him Fly. I know it is supposed to be in the money slots, but all I can find there are other TMs (flash and dream eater) and an X Special. My money displays as 4483

I watched krazyd4n's run and couldn't see any difference to my attempts. Does anyone know what couldv'e gone wrong?

Edit: Well I'm still comparing my run with krazyd4n and I noticed that before shopping in Celadon Mart, I have 416 money and he has 366 and I don't know where the difference comes from. In the end we both end up at 14915 though because he is buying 2 Thunder Stones and I am 3. Not sure if that is relevant at all because I have no clue where that Fly for Mew should even come from.

Edit2: I guess the difference comes from buying only 7 Pokeballs in Viridian because I used my potion in the rival fight. Btw why is that? I'm getting a free tree potion afterwards anyway? Also there no is mention in the route of buying only 2 Thunder Stones in that case.
For reference here is the part of the route:
Enter the Mart and buy 1 Para Heal and 7 Poke Balls if you used your potion
Buy 8 Poke Balls and 1 Para Heal if you didn’t
Still not solving my problem though

noobcubed
Bug Catcher

Re: 151 - Fly HM for Mew

Post by noobcubed » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Are you playing on the 3DS? Because that doesn't emulate money correctly.

Lycake
Preschooler

Post by Lycake » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:27 pm

No, emulator. I'll try another emulator/rom and see if that helps

krazyd4n
Bug Catcher

Post by krazyd4n » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 am

The x special thing is because you're using a bad emulator, use gambatte or BGB instead
The different embers of poke balls is because depending on if you used your potion in the rival fight or not you will sell either parlyz heal or potion. Changing the number of balls gives the same money.
The thunderstones thing is just when I did the run we bought 2, now we buy 3

Lycake
Preschooler

Post by Lycake » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:15 pm

Gamebattle works like a charm! And I didn't think about the different prizes for parlyz and potion. It makes sense.

Sometimes it is hard to follow the route if there are vague instructions and you don't have the in depth knowledge of what is going on, but I love figuring it out. This however was very frustrating because I just couldn't find out what I was doing wrong.

I've completed the run now and apart from some minor errors the route is written pretty well. I don't know if anyone maintaining it is reading here, but getting Magikarp is missing.

Thanks for all the answers!

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”