Pidgey Strats help (any% glitched no save corruption)

ArtificeParagon
Preschooler

Pidgey Strats help (any% glitched no save corruption)

Post by ArtificeParagon » Mon May 30, 2016 4:02 am

Hello everyone, I'm new to speedrunning, finally getting into after getting inspired by AGDQ, my first time seeing it was last winter and it looked like a lot of fun! I've been following the guide on the wiki and have the PP strats down pretty well, but was trying Pidgey strats when I ran into a problem after performing the Brock skip.

When talking to the Brock fan the game freezes (music still plays) and then at the point we should be in front of the gym there's just vertical gray and white lines and the game is officially frozen.

My Pokemon are Bulbasaur, lvl 8 with 16 special, and the Pidgey I caught, lvl 4. Items are:
Slot 1: 2 Potions
Slot 2: 9 Poke balls
Slot 3: 1 Burn Heal
Slot 4: 1 Parlyz Heal
Slot 5: 1 Antidote

After the rival battle I only had 13 special so I battled a wild Pokemon on route 1 and got 16 special after the Weedle.

I've successfully done Pidgey strats before but I want to know why it didn't work this time. Any help is much appreciated!

krazyd4n
Bug Catcher

Re: Pidgey Strats help (any% glitched no save corruption)

Post by krazyd4n » Mon May 30, 2016 6:35 am

What health does the pidgey have?
Level 4 has a 37.5% chance to have 18 hp, which causes the exact effects you described
With a level 4 pidgey, you want it to have 17 health

ArtificeParagon
Preschooler

Post by ArtificeParagon » Tue May 31, 2016 5:42 am

It does have 18 health, thanks for the feedback!
Are there any other weird things like this that I should look out for in the future?

RXFADEZ
Pokémon Trainer

Post by RXFADEZ » Tue May 31, 2016 7:22 pm

Just ensure you're following the route and most should go swimmingly. Pidgey HP is normally the only large issue with the Pidgey route http://wiki.pokemonspeedruns.com/index. ... tion/Route

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”