Blue Any% Need help!!

MountainSpeeder
Preschooler

Blue Any% Need help!!

Post by MountainSpeeder » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:36 pm

Hey guys I'm very new to speed running, but I've been trying to do the Pokemon Blue Any% run. I can do it all the way to to were I start dropping my X-deffends. I'm supposed to drop five and then give the lady the fresh water but when I watched the video, while he was dropping the X-deffends the number wasnt going down. Mine are. I drop 5 and i give the lady the fresh water and the item menu doesnt change for me! Any help would be much appreciated on this!

Decon082
Jr. Trainer

Re: Blue Any% Need help!!

Post by Decon082 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:41 pm

From your post it seems like you're doing the old underflow method. The current route doesn't use a Fresh Water anymore, but in that route you would just keep tossing your top stack of items until it won't let you toss anymore (the top item turns into the cancel button because you have 0 items in your inventory).

The current faster method for getting underflow doesn't detour to Celadon mart for the Fresh Water, and you only need a stack of 255 items to begin.

- Swap item in slot 3 with your stack of 255 items in slot 6
- Toss the item you just swapped down, you should now have 5 items
- Toss all of the item in slot 1 twice, you should now have 3 items
- Toss 255 of the top stack of items twice, you should now have 1 item
- Toss 253 from your top stack, leaving you with a quantity of 2
- Swap slot 1 with slot 2 twice, you should now have underflow
- Scroll down and do the rest of the underflow menu
I am the person who has ruined Red "Glitchless" forever and seconhandedly, Blue NSC Single Segment too
http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie/subscribe

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”