Raticate% (Pokemon Red/Blue Any% with Rattata + Raticate)

Lunar758
Bug Catcher

Raticate% (Pokemon Red/Blue Any% with Rattata + Raticate)

Post by Lunar758 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:08 am

Hey, I thought since I'm getting back into speed running, and will be attempting Raticate% again, I thought I would make a thread specifically for it, containing Leaderboards, an FAQ, and one or more routes (possibly from others if they would like theirs on this thread). Oh, and by the way, I'm new to forum codes OpieOP

Original Wiki Page

Routes

Lunar's Routes (Me)

Download / View the Route (Doesn't open new Tab)(.xlsx Format)

Download ONLY (.txt format)

[WIP] New Improved Wiki Route

CP, DaStevo, JPain and Wheeli's Route

Pastebin

Post or message me (on Twitch or Forums) your route for it to be added to the list!

FAQ

Q: What is Raticate%?

A: Raticate% is a category where you complete the game with a Rattata / Raticate.

Q: Why didn't you just edit the starter for a Raticate?

A: 1. You can't edit the file in any way shape or form, if you do, console players cannot attempt the run. 2. It's hardly even possible to do it without Squirtle, since you need him for the first gym to give the Rattata some EXP.

Q: Why don't you just catch a Rattata and evolve it and you finished the run?

A: That will make it extremely short, because you evolve him at Cerulean / Nugget Bridge.

Q: Why use Rattata / Raticate when Nidoking and Blastoise are faster?

A: Raticate% is mainly a fun category, its not a serious category where you strive for WR time, Rattata / Raticate is slower, which means that its basically impossible to get WR, so it's considered a fun category.

Q: Why can't you just use Squirtle with most of the game and switch between Rattata / Raticate everytime?

A: The max level of the starter is 11, I did this because otherwise you won't be using Rattata / Raticate as much.

Q: What is the BKT (Best Known Time) for this category?

A: 2:08 by DaStevoBelgium.

Q: What's your time?

A: 2:38, I'll be improving this by quite a lot. aiming for sub 2:20 or 2:15, possibly lower.

Q: What are the major run killers in Raticate%?

A: There isn't really much, mainly Nugget Bridge Rival, and crits against the Elite Four or Champion.

Q: What are the main differences between Squirtle / Nido runs?

A: Raticate% is quite similar to Nido%, but quite different to Squirtle%. Really, the only differences in Nido and Raticate are that Raticates X items are pretty much triple, and you don't use OHKO moves, or get EQ or Rock Slide. Raticate is quite different to Squirtle%, I don't know the route well, so I'm not entirely sure on the differences, I just know that the X items are doubled, you don't need to catch the main Pokemon, getting Body Slam is like in Raticate%, Squirtle has OHKO moves, and the Gym Order is quite different. Also, going to Silph is later than Nido% compared to Raticate.

Post on the forum for any other questions I can add!

[WIP] Leaderboard

• DaStevoBelgium | 2:08 | Video
  • abitalive / bitalive | 2:10 | Video
  • Lunar758 | 2:38 | No Video
[/size]
Last edited by Lunar758 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:24 am, edited 10 times in total.

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Re: Raticate% (Pokemon Red/Blue Any% with Rattata + Raticate

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Sun May 04, 2014 12:14 am

http://wiki.pokemonspeedruns.com/index. ... aticate%25 Probably linking to this as well might be useful. I am guessing the purpose of moving this to the forums is for primarily route modification discussion? I am also interested how you will format the leaderboard on a post.
El.Psy.Congroo.
Image Image Image Image Image

Lunar758
Bug Catcher

Post by Lunar758 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:23 am

Cooltrainermichael wrote:http://wiki.pokemonspeedruns.com/index. ... aticate%25 Probably linking to this as well might be useful. I am guessing the purpose of moving this to the forums is for primarily route modification discussion? I am also interested how you will format the leaderboard on a post.
Yes, it is, and I'm thinking of adding a picture linking to the leaderboard section on the wiki or something. Still thinking about it. And thanks for the link idea.
(Insert Dank Meme Here)

Lunar758
Bug Catcher

Post by Lunar758 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:47 am

Added Leaderboard [WIP] Give feedback on how it looks!

EDIT: Made it Bigger
(Insert Dank Meme Here)

JoeTheRapper
Youngster

Post by JoeTheRapper » Sun May 04, 2014 9:53 am

I wonder what the major run killers are in this lol
WR is easy just don't fuck up.
twitch.tv/joetherapper
Showdown ladder peaks (old rating): XY OU 2000, BW OU 2300, XY LC 1800.

Lunar758
Bug Catcher

Post by Lunar758 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:48 am

JoeTheRapper wrote:I wonder what the major run killers are in this lol
Really the only major run killer is Nugget Bridge Gary Fight. Nothing else really.
(Insert Dank Meme Here)

luckytyphlosion
Pokémon Trainer

Post by luckytyphlosion » Sun May 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Still wondering if Mimic has any use in Raticate%, considering pullling 5 X Attacks on Champion is slow. (Mimic Horn Drill%)

Based sig though Kappa.
Jack-Flys are OpieOP.

"GO ASK SANQUI" - luckytyphlosion whenever someone asks about how something in Pokémon Red/Blue works. (this means you exarion Kappa)

Lunar758
Bug Catcher

Post by Lunar758 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:09 am

luckytyphlosion wrote:Still wondering if Mimic has any use in Raticate%, considering pullling 5 X Attacks on Champion is slow. (Mimic Horn Drill%)

Based sig though Kappa.
If only we could get it early... Would save like 3 mins meaning sub 2 is possible lol
(Insert Dank Meme Here)

luckytyphlosion
Pokémon Trainer

Post by luckytyphlosion » Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 pm

When going to Sabrina, take a detour to the Mimic Girl's house here: http://puu.sh/8AEKK.png

Remember to buy an extra Poke Doll.
Jack-Flys are OpieOP.

"GO ASK SANQUI" - luckytyphlosion whenever someone asks about how something in Pokémon Red/Blue works. (this means you exarion Kappa)

wheelithoss
Preschooler

Post by wheelithoss » Wed May 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Just for comparisons sake. These are the notes that CP, Stevo, Jpain and I worked on for a while. I am sure there are still route improvements.

http://pastebin.com/0Bd8jL83

Lunar758
Bug Catcher

Post by Lunar758 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:45 am

wheelithoss wrote:Just for comparisons sake. These are the notes that CP, Stevo, Jpain and I worked on for a while. I am sure there are still route improvements.

http://pastebin.com/0Bd8jL83
Ill add this to the route list. Thanks, also I have very few improvements to it in my notes.
(Insert Dank Meme Here)

Thomaz
Preschooler

Post by Thomaz » Fri May 09, 2014 9:16 am

I intend to one day do a segmented Rattata/Raticate run. Could be potentially hilarious considering I will be using the PP overflow glitch to get my Rat 63 Hyper Beams. Should be fun, yes. =)

Return to “Pokémon Red/Blue”