Introduce Yourself Here!

Feel free to talk about anything here.
FreshMitsuwa
Preschooler

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

Post by FreshMitsuwa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:46 am

G_heinz wrote:have you speedrunned animal crossing? Kappa
Nah. Assassin's Creed -series.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ―The Creed's maxim.

Mugutu
Preschooler

Post by Mugutu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:04 am

Hey, I'm Mugutu. Been following pokemon speed runs for about a year now, finally got to doing it myself. I'm running Gold Any% for the most part, used to run Red Any% NSC but now that it's defunct I do it for fun.

SurrealGuy
Bug Catcher

Post by SurrealGuy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:30 am

Hey there!
I'm Jonas (aka SurrealGuy) and I'm routing/running 150 glitchless with a good friend of mine (Trebien).
We have the current record for that category, which is 9:50:27, but there aren't many people who have run this, so it would be cool to have some more competition Kreygasm
I discovered speedrunning about 2,5 years ago and started doing some Zelda/Pokemon runs last year. I do not stream that much, but i may get back to it in the next few weeks. I want to do some Red NSC, Gold glitched and some random Red/Blue stuff (challenges, bingos and all that jazz). I won't run Any% glitchless, because the thought of getting critted by Lance's Gyarados just doesnt make me horny at all Kappa

xxxAceBlade
Schoolkid

Post by xxxAceBlade » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:21 am

I'm Ace. I play video games. I play them a lot.
Why the fuck is there a rainbow deer thing on the side of this page?

Javi137
Bug Catcher

Post by Javi137 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:30 pm

Sinstar wrote:Hi I have Randomizer Red/Blue game time WR.
Hi, i have Randomizer Red/Blue real time WR

Darcovian
Schoolkid

Post by Darcovian » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:01 am

Hai, Im Darcovian, erm...... I like no skill RNG games, and also I hate abra and his evolutions and am part of the AA (Abraholics Anonymous)

HorouIchigo
Bug Catcher

Post by HorouIchigo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:35 am

Sup, I'm Horou Ichigo, and no one can pronounce my name correctly Kappa
I run gen 1 pokems, have a 1:58 in Red right now. Currently running Red and (trying to) Blue 151, once I get 1:55 in Red and sub-3 on 151, probably going to try and sub 2 yellow, and move on to gen 2 games because those are my fav's as a kid. Probably try to sub 3:30 those, but that may be a strech, who knows.
I also would like to participate in races, but I'm GMT so times are always super akward for me. Hopefully I'll have more availability as the time goes. Hope we can all get along Kappa

My stream is at http://www.twitch.tv/horouichigo, viewers and chatters are always welcome.
http://www.twitch.tv/horouichigo click the shiny link, you know you want to Kappa

FightinCrabs
Preschooler

Post by FightinCrabs » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Hey all, I'm Fightincrabs and I just got into speedrunning pretty recently. Starting on Red any% glitchless and working my way through it. Really enjoying myself and the community thus far, so come check me out on twitch if you have some time!

http://www.twitch.tv/fightincrabs

willtheboss123
Preschooler

Post by willtheboss123 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Hello, my name is willtheboss123 and I have just recently started speed running pkmn emerald.
I am just asking anyone who reads this to give me some tips and advice to help me get better as so far I suck at memorising anything from what to buy to what to use on what pokemon.

xxxAceBlade
Schoolkid

Post by xxxAceBlade » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 pm

There are tons of resources for runners of 3rd gen games. I'm pretty sure as far as emerald goes, BafflingAmoeba redid the notes and made them a lot clearer. Feel free to check those out on the wiki part of pokemon speedruns.

Also, don't worry about the memorization aspect quite yet. Just do a few practice runs (where you save and reload if you get bad rng) and you'll get the hang of it.
Why the fuck is there a rainbow deer thing on the side of this page?

yggplant
Preschooler

Post by yggplant » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:01 am

Hello. My name is yggplant. I've been playing Pokemon forever and got really interested in speedrunning earlier this year. I don't do runs as often as I'd like, but recently finished my first Blue glitchless with 2:28. I really want to do 151, and look forward to learning it.

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:51 pm

willtheboss123 wrote:Hello, my name is willtheboss123 and I have just recently started speed running pkmn emerald.
I am just asking anyone who reads this to give me some tips and advice to help me get better as so far I suck at memorising anything from what to buy to what to use on what pokemon.
Yo will, there's a skype group for emerald runners if you fancy joining us on there. We mostly chat shit and trash talk each other but I swear we're nice guys, and we're more than happy to help new runners. I can PM you my skype name, or you can send me yours, if you want to get added~
(well I think CTM is in charge of the group but I can't see him having an objection to an emerald runner being added)
~

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:06 am

Absolutely no problems, welcome Will :)
El.Psy.Congroo.
Image Image Image Image Image

Shenanagans
Site Admin

Post by Shenanagans » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:44 am

yggplant wrote:Hello. My name is yggplant. I've been playing Pokemon forever and got really interested in speedrunning earlier this year. I don't do runs as often as I'd like, but recently finished my first Blue glitchless with 2:28. I really want to do 151, and look forward to learning it.
if you're looking to learn 151 feel free to add me on skype. We have a 151 group that's slowly becoming more active!
Feel free to follow me for all your Pokemon Resetting Needs!

Image Image Image

Ryziken
Preschooler

Post by Ryziken » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Hey all! I'm Ryziken. I just recently got into speedrunning, and only VERY recently figured out how to stream! I have a Twitch account and am hoping to become a member of the PSR Twitch channel to get some viewer traffic when I stream (which may not be too often but we'll see how it goes!). Right now the only game I run seriously is Gold/Silver glitchless, but I may run other games in the franchise once I come up with some fun routes of my own :D

Fire starters are awesome. Arson is not.

BaronBlade
Preschooler

Post by BaronBlade » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:51 am

Hi I'm Baron and I'm just starting on Emerald. My only splitted run is 3:13:26, and my current goal is getting below 3:00. I don't even have a Twitch yet because I'm gonna get component cables for my cube after I hit this goal, but then I'll start streaming. I currently run the wiki's route, but I feel like there are a lot of improvements to be made.
Running: Emerald Any% Glitchless
Current Best: 3:13:26

boselecta
Preschooler

Sarah Here

Post by boselecta » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Hey guys

I am sara, sorry if this in the wrong place xox

Admin Edit: It was indeed in the wrong place so the post has been moved here. Welcome!

yiffgurl
Preschooler

Post by yiffgurl » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:31 am

hey guys

heard the shoutout on agdq and thought i'd check this forum out, i've been considering joining a new forum for a while and this one seems aight

i'm not really a speedrunner though i used to try to casually speedrun r/b a while back before i really knew what i was doing and tried to improvise routes, have been considering getting into it seriously for some time though! r/b are possibly my favorite video games ever and every little detail about them fascinates me, so at the very least it would be cool to take away some knowledge from the people here who run them

VoraciousAmphy96
Preschooler

Post by VoraciousAmphy96 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:09 am

Hi !
My name is VoraciousAmphy96 and I have decided to get into Pokemon speedrunning :) I will do Platinum and probably Y version :)Also PMD Sky I have seen some AGDQ/AGDQ runs that were pretty impressive , including the one at AGDQ 2015^^

I am hoping to get some tips on how to speedrun Pokemon games,and hopefully I can have fun and impress some of my friends :)

ClothNapkin
Bug Catcher

Post by ClothNapkin » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:25 am

Hi, I'm Clothnapkin. I like running glitched categories that are about 20 minutes long and require no actual skill. I also enjoy routing very long arbitrary categories, such as 151 SS/No Item Underflow, and enjoy running (badly) White 2.
Currently doing WR attempts in (Whatever stupid hack I'm running now)

mmorehouse20
Preschooler

Post by mmorehouse20 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi I am Mmore and I just started running Pokemon X! My Target time is to get sub 4:10 for now. FrankerZ FrankerZ FrankerZ FrankerZ FrankerZ

astralslide
Preschooler

Post by astralslide » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Hey guys I'm Astralslide and I just started streaming Alpha Sapphire (have plans for more games in the future), but first I have to get a PB on the record, which shouldn't be hard at all.

www.twitch.tv/astralslide - shitty mic stream.

Love you guys.

Myzlstyx
Preschooler

Post by Myzlstyx » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:24 am

Hey folks, I'm Myzlstyx (Pronounced Mizzlesticks, based on my WoW main). New to the community, mainly play Yellow Any% NSC.

Desch
Preschooler

Post by Desch » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi, everyone! I'm Desch, just your average speedrunner who enjoys running challenging games that may take several hours to complete. I haven't done many runs in pokemon, but I am planning to do some, especially a gen 4 All gold symbols run (sadly it doesn't seem like anyone here has been working on something like that).

Other things I should mention is that I made the route for Final Fantasy III - DS and beat the WR (unofficially in a test run) by 20 minutes, so yeah, I'm a decent runner. Not sure if this is more interesting than that, but I also play, and have played, competitive pokemon since BW2 and are of the better players. Anyways, I don't know if I'll be active here or not, gonna see how this place is first, but I hope this place won't disappoint me.

queentiger1989
Preschooler

Post by queentiger1989 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi, I'm queentiger1989 and I have nine pet rats.

Return to “Social Nonsense”