Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

Post by otakuhaven72 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:06 am

Cooltrainermichael wrote:Thanks Joe and Otaku! Welcome to PSR OneHand
SoonerLater Pleasure to be here <3 Hello there michael FrankerZ SoonerLater

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Sat May 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi, I'm Zewing. FrankerZewing that is. I like Gen 3 speedruns the most, especially the console ones. Aside from that....what did you say to me you little FrankerZ
Is Pokemon an RPG?

darkceo
Preschooler

Post by darkceo » Sun May 25, 2014 1:10 am

YO (⌐■_■)/

otakuhaven72
Bug Catcher

Post by otakuhaven72 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Zewing wrote:Hi, I'm Zewing. FrankerZewing that is. I like Gen 3 speedruns the most, especially the console ones. Aside from that....what did you say to me you little FrankerZ
darkceo wrote:YO (⌐■_■)/

Yo FrankerZ

G_heinz
Pokémon Trainer

Post by G_heinz » Fri May 30, 2014 9:16 pm

dunno if this is really necessary but i usually like to do it on these old school-type boards so

my name is heinz (fun fact: the "g" stands for "general") and i'm a college student (actually about to graduate) in michigan. i got into speedrunning last summer after watching stiv's BK 100% run at AGDQ2013. told myself i would never run a game like pokemon that's based so much on luck, but about 3ish months ago after watching some of amoeba's emerald runs (having stumbled upon his stream due to TPP playing emerald at the time) i decided that since it was easy to stream, i would try my hand at running sapphire...and what a dark, dark day that was.

in any case, somehow or other i ended up getting relatively good at it and actually really enjoy it now (when i'm not resetting for two hours straight in littleroot)! once i get a good time in it (read: sub-werster) i plan on potentially branching out to other pokemon runs like gold and maybe pearl.

other than that, i'm huge into melee in which i main c. falcon (also a terrible mistake) and studied linguistics and japanese in college, so...there's that.

looking like the PSR community is really starting to grow, so these boards will definitely be good help towards that end.

FractNL
Bug Catcher

Post by FractNL » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi, I am FractNL and I run Crystal and I hate Sabrina

NickingAde
Preschooler

Post by NickingAde » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi, I'm NickingAde, and I'm starting to run Emerald and Blue

Toothache
Preschooler

Post by Toothache » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Ahoy folks, Toothache here. Some of you may know me from either SDA or TASvideos, so it's all good, I'm still around :). Anyway, I'm a long time speedrunner, been at it about 5 years now on and off, and learned a lot in that time.

I have the record for Pokemon Colosseum 100% snags which is on SDA, and have a few more speedruns in the pipeline, including working on Alisia Dragoon, Soul Reaver 2, Final Fantasy 12 and Die Hard Trilogy among others, but those are my mains atm. I also enjoy working on TAS runs, having completed projects on Alisia Dragoon, B.O.B., Olympic Gold and Fire Emblem 6. Working on improving the Alisia Dragoon TAS, and Jurassic Park for Game Boy.

While I did the Colosseum run a long time ago (was my first speedrun in fact), I have since had a look at my old strats for that run and expect there's some improvement to be had there. Would help if other runners experienced with this game had some ideas for 100%, as well as any% runs for when I return to that game. For now, just happy to be here, always cool to make new friends and share ideas for speedruns, looks like I'm in the right place :)

shadowlink96
Bug Catcher

Post by shadowlink96 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:42 am

Hey guys!

I'm quite new to this community, though I've been interested in doing runs for a while, I just started doing a few runs.

My twitch stream is www.twitch.tv/shadowlink96, I'll probably do runs on there occasionally.

Thanks for reading!

CardsOfTheHeart
Preschooler

Post by CardsOfTheHeart » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:28 pm

Since I'm apparently running Pokemon Puzzle League at the marathon, I figured I'd sign up and introduce myself.

Some of you may know me as "that guy that runs Puzzle League," but I'm more than just Mr. Puzzle League Extraordinaire who has just about all the records. I also run the occasional Yu-Gi-Oh! game and the occasional oddball RPG. I would like to do Stadium 1 & 2 Gym Leader Castle runs at some point, though, so there's that.

Funny enough, werster was actually my first exposure to speedrunning so I do feel some connection to this community. But try not to bring up my old competitive battling days, will ya? Kappa

TrickOfHat
Preschooler

Post by TrickOfHat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi, I'm TrickOfHat or Trick. I started watching speedruns since AGDQ 2014 and recently I started running Leafgreen and...that was the biggest mistake I ever made Kappa

Keizaron
Site Admin

Post by Keizaron » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Hello, everybody! This is Keizaron, and I'm very new in the world of Pokemon speedrunning. I've been practicing Crystal for a while and have a very lame PB of 4:03. Hope to see some faces in the future!

kopratic
Bug Catcher

Post by kopratic » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Hey! I'm kopratic and recently started running Pokemon Blue, glitched no save corruption.

The Idiot Ninja
Preschooler

Post by The Idiot Ninja » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:57 am

Hello everyone, I'm new in this whole speedrunning community thing after discovering Cosmo and then digging down into other games' communities, and since Pokémon's my favorite franchise in videogames I'll give it a try. I wanna try out some crazy shit such as running Charizard in FRLG but I'll be doing that when I actually have good plans for it. I probably won't post much for a long time until I get half decent times, so yeah. Good luck with your speedruns everyone.

Exarion
Cooltrainer

Post by Exarion » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:36 am

Hey everyone, I'm Exarion. I've been browsing this forum and watching speed runs on Twitch for a while, but I'm going to try to become more involved in the community. I plan to stream runs of Red and possibly Crystal and Emerald once I get a better computer.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/exarionu
Pokemon Red speedrunning guide: http://pastebin.com/CkVA5yvJ

Minke
Preschooler

Post by Minke » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Hey guys!
I'm Minke or Patrick, whatever you prefer and I'm back to speedrunning Pokémon Red after 5 months of not runnung at all. Atfer getting a 2:04 in my de-rust run last night (thanks to CTM saving my butt) I figured I'll register here and get really involved with the PSR community to learn everything about the game I don't know yet.

Decon082
Jr. Trainer

Post by Decon082 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:53 am

Hey, I'm Decon082, but you can call me Decon or Deacon or RoastBeef or anything you want. I'm new to these forums but I've been lurking in the community for a while now. I learned about speedrunning after I saw werster's Gold run at AGDQ 2013, and have been interested ever since. I've been speedrunning Pokemon Crystal for about 3 weeks (PB is 3:38) and may be looking to try Red, Yellow, and Emerald in the near future.
I am the person who has ruined Red "Glitchless" forever and seconhandedly, Blue NSC Single Segment too
http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie/subscribe

MormonsAreAnnoying
Preschooler

Post by MormonsAreAnnoying » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:17 am

Hi I am Mor- oh wait nobody cares about me

Zewing
Youngster

Post by Zewing » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:26 am

sup mormon
Is Pokemon an RPG?

Hdot12
Preschooler

Post by Hdot12 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Why not.

Hey guys, I'm Hdot but you may also call me Tom.
I'm 18 yo and from germany and I can't even remember when I got into speedrunning, or at least whatch other people doing speedruns. I was very fascinated by the community, AGDQ and stuff and TriHard was my absolute favourite.
I also wanted to try speedrunning, but I think that I'm just not suited for jump'n'runs and that's how I got into pokemon speedruns. My favourite game is diamond/pearl, but somehow the 3rd gen seems more comfortable for me for speedrunning, so I might try running firered/leafgreen any% soon! (I loved the run of MBM at, I think, SGDQ2013?)
I didn't really start for now, since I just got into it and I will try to get comfortable with the route the next days, but who knows, maybe it'll end up somewhere.

have a nice day guys!

dannyjoejr
Preschooler

Post by dannyjoejr » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:51 am

Hello all, my name is Dan.

I've watched several speedruns but Exarion's WR Red run was actually the first Pokemon speedrun I watched, and as a long time fan of the series, it was so interesting and appealing that I decided that i wanted to start speedrunning Pokemon myself, for giggles and whatnot.

anirocks99
Schoolkid

Post by anirocks99 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:22 pm

I swear to god I posted something here earlier, but it didn't show up #blametwitch FrankerZ .
Yo, I'm anirocks99, You can call me Saek, Ani, Or SwagMunchies, preferably the last one. I ran Glod Glitched for a while from December to February and did some runs of Black, but I soon got bored and had little time to run in general.

I am the current site owner/admin of the Harry Potter Speedruns site here http://dft.ba/-hpsb. I run a ton of Harry Potter 2+3 and hold the wr in HP3 100%, although this isn't the right community to say that DansGame . Hopefully soon, I will start running Pokemon more often, but for now, you can see me trolling in a ton of streams and livening up some chats Kappa

FreshMitsuwa
Preschooler

Post by FreshMitsuwa » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:03 am

Hai~

Well, I go by the name of either Fresh- or LeafyMitsuwa and have been doing AC-series, mostly.

My interest in Pokemon speedrunning have been sparked when I saw insane times on Pokemon Blue being set down as WRR, back then 2:01 if I recall correctly, already long since beat -- when I used to compare this to my playthrough, thinking every trainer had to be beat, equalling to roughly 1h per gym badge.

Well, my interest peaked, and although I probably will not be actively trying to speedrun myself for runs, I'd rather contribute to taking the current strategies and think of ways to improve them, as I am sure it must be possible for some games, though I'll admit, it looks challenging for Gen1 and Gen2 -- if time can be saved -- at all, but I have a few ideas, so I'll start with those and see if they are actually worth going for.

Overall, I've played a bit of Gen1 and Gen2, but lacking anyone to chit-chat with is not really motivating to actually continue doing it, so I'm not actively playing those, despite that I'd like to get started.

Currently, there seems to be a bit of a heated discussion around the usage of emulators and IGT, especially that most emulators allow for cheating, for which no solution have been presented yet.

Having experience as a ''cheater'' for many, many years, I personally find that it is just a way to make things more interesting, rather than claim events as a result of particular ability or skill.

Not sure what else to add here, so I'll take my leave~
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ―The Creed's maxim.

G_heinz
Pokémon Trainer

Post by G_heinz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:43 pm

have you speedrunned animal crossing? Kappa

eddaket
Schoolkid

Post by eddaket » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm eddaket. I started running back in September last year and then basically stopped due to lack of free time. I have a sweet super outdated 1:58 time in Red. I wanna try running Yellow but, lack of free time.

Also I share a last name with Ash so I'm pretty much obligated to be a pokemon master

Return to “Social Nonsense”