Pokemon Red All-Trainers Glitchless

A semi-organized place for tracking leaderboards of unofficial categories / Pokemon ROM hacks. Please read the pinned rules topic before posting!
PlatYellow
Preschooler

Pokemon Red All-Trainers Glitchless

Post by PlatYellow » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:41 pm

I thought I'd create a new topic as MyNameIsShuckle doesn't appear to be active at all. I've posted a section for my notes, though I am gonna be making a new route.

Rules
* Timing is by RTA, where timer starts at New Game and ends when screen fades to white after Hall of Fame in game time is shown.
* Saving and quitting (S + Q) is allowed.
* Runs must be done on English version.
* Using a Poké Doll on Marowak is allowed.
* Digging from within buildings is allowed.
* Talking to the Bike Shop owner without having the Bike Voucher to temporarily gain instant text is not allowed.
* Glitches such as trainer-fly, old man, et cetera are not allowed.
* Having a save file present on the cart/emulator when you start the run is not allowed. You can use Up+B+Select on the title screen to clear your save data.
* The Super Game Boy peripheral for the SNES runs at an inaccurate framerate, and is therefore banned. Super Game Boy 2 is allowed, however.
* All variants of VBA are banned from all GB/GBC games. Approved emulators are Gambatte and BGB.
* Using hard resets during the run to manipulate the RNG on emulators that do so inaccurately is banned. Accurate emulators for RNG manipulation are currently limited to BGB with a GBC bootrom.
* If using emulator, using save states and speedup for any reason (including reaching the New Game screen faster) is not allowed.
* If using emulator, the entire emulator, including the window border, must be captured and visible. An example can be seen here: http://i.imgur.com/H7Wa1SJ.png
* Using emulator to create custom palettes that are not usable on any kind of official console is not allowed.

Notes
http://pastebin.com/tvMg2QNT (Old Route)

Leaderboard
1. PlatYellow - 5.44.49 [emu] / 14 Dec 2016
-Previous time - 5.48.30 [emu] / 7 Dec 2016
[2.] MyNameIsShuckle - 6:32:46 / Unknown (No video)

Return to “Unofficial Leaderboards”