GarfieldTheLightning wrote:when there's an easy way that can be consistently applied across Pokémon games to eliminate this and other negative effects on sets of runners, but people don't want to do this because conforming to an ideal on what speedrunning should be is more important... I don't get it, and I will never get why this matters so much.
That's a vast jump from "I don't agree with werster/Keizaron on how they want to time it" to "I'm going to assume I know why they prefer this method as opposed to my method"...
I can't speak for werster, but to assume I prefer a method that *I* personally feel is easier to maintain is because of some fantastical notion of what speedrunning is and isn't is discrediting my opinion entirely
I fundamentally disagree (with Werster/Keizaron - there will be others I disagree with but they don't have as much power to make big decisions) on what we want from decisions like where to start the timer if we switch to RTA.
This is entirely a community decision. Just because we can make the changes doesn't mean we will until a satisfactory middle ground is reached by all.
In other news, I made a really rough draft on some of my thoughts of each gen:
- I only included main series games. Side games like XD I'd assume would just follow standard RTA notions
- Aside from gen 1, all the methods listed assume ending at the fade out to credits (in gen 2's case, the blackout before the final flash)
- I lack knowledge on gen 5 and gen 6, so I kind of winged it there; I'll need runners' thoughts and knowledge on that a lot more
- I tried to make it as unbiased as possible; hopefully I succeeded
- There are probably some other timing methods I haven't included
- I did not include power on to credits