Potential PSR Marathon 2015 - Organization Thread #1

Collaborate on projects all around the community (coding, wiki, etc.)
roushmore917
Schoolkid

Re: Potential PSR Marathon 2015 - Organization Thread #1

Post by roushmore917 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Dabomstew wrote:I've just sent out a PM to all the people who were interested in joining the committee. If you're one of those people and you're reading this, check it out when you get a chance.
If it isn't too late at this point, I'd like to apply for the Committee.
My pitch:

I have been part of the Pokemon Speedrunning Community for about the last nearly three years (holy cow, that feels long), and have seen many changes go on around here... Some in my opinion have been quite terrible, and as I've seen people run away from the community (especially since that dreaded August 2014 stuff...), I tried to think of ways that I can help encourage runners to JOIN forces with us and grow our (dare I say petty, we are also practically a "bully"-ocracy) little group into something we can be proud of. In response to this, I've spent the last number of months scouring the twitch and speedrun.com areas for ANY potential runners, then attempting to make them feel as welcome as I can (I still blame myself for the one guy I practically chased away from Ranger cuz he thought he had nothing to go off of because he couldn't get a World Record on Emulator), and myself and the Emerald Runners have, in my not-so-humble opinion, been among the most welcoming sections for new members, we always try and reach out together and convince people that they should join/keep going, despite being perhaps the most RNG dependent game in the whole community (personal opinion, feel free to refute this).

I wanted to keep the community growing, so I thought a good idea would be to try this PSR marathon thing once more, giving new runners a chance to see all the games we have to offer, and hopefully show that Pokemon Speedruns is very receptive and gracious of all new recruits. That being said, I'd like to be on the committee in order that we can get some possible LESS well know members a chance to strut their stuff, and perhaps show people that Werster and Exarion and the rest of the "first-name" guys aren't the only GOOD guys out there.

Thanks for hearing me out if you truly do, and if I was too late, I'll do better to be prepared next time :)

Roush

Return to “Projects”