PSR Wiki FAQ List Project

Collaborate on projects all around the community (coding, wiki, etc.)
Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

PSR Wiki FAQ List Project

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu May 15, 2014 9:49 pm

The purpose for this FAQ list is three-fold:

1. To improve new and veteran runners' knowledge for why certain things are done on the run
2. To answer potential viewer questions, including providing a short and long description for each question
3. To create a community where runners of categories can add and improve to the FAQ's when needed to ensure quality knowledge across the speedrunning community.

In order to achieve these 3 objectives, I am asking for volunteers to help complete the rest of the FAQ's on this list. The Spinoff series of games have been added. The FAQ list can be found here: http://wiki.pokemonspeedruns.com/index.php/FAQ_List

If there is an FAQ below that you would be interested in completing/collaborating on, please post below and I will update this post.

To-do List:
Gen 1
Stadium GLC R1 FAQ = Cooltrainermichael (done)
Snap Any% FAQ = Spark
TCG Any% FAQ =

Gen 2
Stadium 2 GLC R1 FAQ =

Gen 3
Ruby/Sapphire Any% FAQ = G_heinz
Emerald Any% FAQ = Amoeba
Mystery Dungeon:Blue/Red Any% FAQ = MBisonFute
Colosseum Any% FAQ = LBlueEagle
XD Any% FAQ = LBlueEagle
Ranger Any% FAQ =

Gen 4
Diamond/Pearl Any% Glitchless FAQ =
Diamond/Pearl Any% Glitched FAQ =
Platinum Any% FAQ = MoneyHypeMike (done)
HeartGold/SoulSilver Any% Glitched FAQ =
PokeParkWii Any% FAQ = Heero_Fred
Rumble Any% FAQ = Heero_Fred
Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness Any% FAQ =
Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky Any% FAQ =

Gen 5
Black/White Any% FAQ = Anirocks99 (done)
PokePark 2 Any% FAQ = Heero_Fred
Black2/White2 Any% FAQ =
Conquest Any% FAQ =
Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity Any% FAQ =

Thank you for your collaboration! If you need any help with editing these FAQ's on the Wiki, please let me know. Be sure to post here to volunteer on working on a FAQ or when you have finished editing an FAQ (We are thinking of a way to recognize consistent contributors in the future Kreygasm)

Notes:
1. For spinoffs, try to complete the Any% FAQ's first, and then we can make a judgment call for the other categories.
2. You may have noticed that some of the completed FAQ's already have a collapsible box. I am only doing that for categories that have finished FAQs.
3. We would like to keep the FAQs in a similar format to all the others. This means you can just copy the code from one of the finished FAQ's, and then convert it by changing the text to the new FAQ page. Please message me if you are still confused.
4. Just because an FAQ is "finished," doesn't mean it is completely done. Feel free to make edits on existing FAQs, and feel free to log the update here!
5. Please do not copy the exact words from an existing FAQ unless the original creator of the FAQ gives you permission. You can most certainly ask for permission.

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Re: PSR Wiki FAQ List Project

Post by LBlueEagle » Thu May 15, 2014 10:03 pm

i will try and get on getting a FAQ together for XD (both jolteon and Espeon) as well as Colosseum (Croc/100%) and maybe quilava if i can learn it fast. I dont know when im going to get them done but i will try to get them done before the end of July :3
Last edited by LBlueEagle on Thu May 15, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I could not make her the avatar so she gets the signature to herself <3Image

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu May 15, 2014 10:04 pm

LBlueEagle wrote:i will try and get on getting a FAQ together for XD (both jolteon and Espeon) as well as Colosseum (Croc/100%) and maybe quilava if i can learn it fast. I dont know when im going to get them done but i will try to get them done before the end of July :3
Sounds good. Should I put you down for both for now? And I'm assuming you can find a good way to combine them on one FAQ page for now?
El.Psy.Congroo.
Image Image Image Image Image

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Thu May 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Cooltrainermichael wrote:Sounds good. Should I put you down for both for now? And I'm assuming you can find a good way to combine them on one FAQ page for now?
I dont think it should be any trouble to combine them if need be.
I could not make her the avatar so she gets the signature to herself <3Image

heero_fred
Youngster

Post by heero_fred » Thu May 15, 2014 11:36 pm

I can work on both Pokepark FAQs as well as Rumble, I will try to get them up soon, but I don't make any promises

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Thu May 15, 2014 11:56 pm

Sounds good! Edited you into the main post.

Keep in mind, just because someone volunteered for an FAQ, doesn't mean you can't! Just post here and I can add you as a contributor!
El.Psy.Congroo.

G_heinz
Pokémon Trainer

Post by G_heinz » Mon May 26, 2014 8:12 pm

just noticed this topic and would be willing to contribute to the sapphire FAQ. i dunno if you mean just the short section with like six questions or the full route on the wiki itself but both are in dire need of an update so i was thinking about working on both of them in the future.

Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Mon May 26, 2014 9:33 pm

Included you for Sapphire FAQ (http://wiki.pokemonspeedruns.com/index. ... t/SapphFAQ) fortunately, it has already been started, but if you could expand on it, that would be great :)

In terms of the route on the Wiki, feel free to update it if there are definite improvements. If there is a significantly different route, you may consider copying most of the posted route and revising it?
El.Psy.Congroo.

Return to “Projects”