Looking for Speedrun.com Moderators

Collaborate on projects all around the community (coding, wiki, etc.)
Cooltrainermichael
Site Admin

Looking for Speedrun.com Moderators

Post by Cooltrainermichael » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:10 am

As mentioned in the recent announcement, we are opening up applications to apply to become a game-specific moderator. This will not be an arduous process, but here are some guidelines you should meet before you apply:
  • You actually speedrun the game relatively often (i.e. not just from a one time race)
  • You will put the commitment of checking the leaderboards to verify runs often. If you will be gone for a long period of time, you will notify the other moderators.
  • You have enough knowledge of the run where you can soft-verify for any blatant cheating or rules violation.
  • You will not misuse this position for personal gain or as an excuse to put down others.
  • You will work with the other moderators and treat them with respect. If a mod is being completely disagreeable, please message us.
  • Some sense of customizing layouts is helpful, but not required.
If you do in fact meet the above guidelines, then please apply! We are unsure at the moment of how many mods to select per game; obviously there may be a few more for more popular games and vice versa. We will not accept any mods for 2-3 days to make sure that everyone sees the announcement and has a chance to apply.

There is currently no limit to how many games you can apply to become a moderator for, but out of courtesy, try to pick your top 1-3 if you do run multiple games. The idea is that you put the time commitment to a few rather than get overloaded by many.

Finally, please do not nominate people for positions. You can tell people about this post and encourage them to apply, but please do not self-nominate someone if they do not want to put the time commitment in.

If you are applying, please post in the following format:

[Twitch Name, in bold]

I am applying for the position of moderator for [game, in bold]. I am qualified for this position because [reasons, can go on multiple sentences].

[Repeat on next line if applying for more than one game.]

[Any other information you want to tell us]

Thank you for your time. The application process can be rather stressful for some people, but there are a lot of open positions to fill, so please apply! You know you are qualified, so go for it.

Note: This is not a place for discussion; you can discuss any comments/questions/complaints here. Any posts that are not applications will be deleted.

Vulajin
Schoolkid

Re: Looking for Speedrun.com Moderators

Post by Vulajin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:38 am

Vulajin

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Black. I hold the WR in this game and have invested more total time into routing and running this game than every other runner combined.

I am also applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon White 2. I held the emu WR for this game in the past (tied with Sinstar) and worked heavily with him on the RNG-manipulated Emboar route. I also ran this game at Crystals for Life 2014, much to everyone's amusement.

Shenanagans
Site Admin

Post by Shenanagans » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:34 am

Shenanagans_

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Red/Blue I hold the World Record for Pokemon Catch 'em All. I've invested thousands of hours into routing and playing these games and the progress can clearly be seen (151 was around 5.5 hours long when I began and is now down to 2.5 hours) NSC has also been cut in half due to the findings of Dabomstew, Sanquii, and myself. Gen 1 glitched runs are a great passion of mine and I want nothing more then to see this community grow.

I am also applying for Pokemon Gold/Silver I put a lot of work into routing and running Gold Glitched, and I feel that my run at SGDQ was a solid introduction for many new runners. I feel like these games are severely underrepresented and I would be one of the most qualified to assist the leaderboards.
Feel free to follow me for all your Pokemon Resetting Needs!

Image Image Image

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:51 am

GarfieldTheLightning

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Black 2/White 2. I hold the WR in this game, and have worked extensively on improving both the Excadrill route and, more recently, the Emboar route. I've put a lot of time into the game, and although I'm not running it right now, I'll be back to improve my time!

I am also applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Diamond/Pearl. I have routed the game both with and without RNG manipulation, and hold the WR for any% glitchless by over half an hour. I haven't run the game in a while, but then again, nobody else has!

On a more general note, I've updated some leaderboards on the PSR wiki here and there (even for games I don't run or watch!) which should demonstrate that I would have no problem committing to updating and checking leaderboards frequently.
I speedrun Pokémon Pearl, White 2 and X!

Gamefandan
Preschooler

Post by Gamefandan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:32 am

Gamefandan_stream

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Snap. I hold the world records for both categories in this game and have invested hundreds of hours routing and running this game. Given that I am one of the most active Snap runners currently I would like to think that I would do a good job moderating the leaderboards. I care about this game a lot, though it may not be a "real" Pokémon game, I still consider this my main speedgame and hold no other game above it in terms of importance.

It's also worth mentioning, but not necessarily too important, that I, along with other awesome snap runners, have been jumping into each stream of a person attempting to speedrun snap and have taught them routes and tricks. Our community is growing and the routes are improving by the day.
Last edited by Gamefandan on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheAJJohnson
Preschooler

Post by TheAJJohnson » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:36 am

TheAJJohnson

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Snap. I am qualified for this position because I am in touch with and follow all members of the community. I am the creator of the tutorial and know all new runners because of this. I have submitted newer runners times to PSR in the past. I have contributed to new re routes and strats to speed up the run. I hold both a great time in any% and a decent time in 100% and I frequently do runs of both categories.

Myself and new world record holder in both categories, GameFanDan, are a major part of this community whereas we know all runners and are innovating the speedrun. I take this game and community very seriously and I attempt to increase my role in the community per day.

Fretzi
Bug Catcher

Post by Fretzi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Fretzi_sr

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Platinum. I've been following Platinum Speedruns for about a year now and I've found a few glitches that save time in other categories.
I haven't done any runs on stream simply because I never have enough money left to buy an english cart :( (and non english runs are not accepted anyway).
One thing to mention is that I focus a lot on the other categories, glitched and E4R2 glitched, but I also know a bunch about glitchless.
One of my offline runs I did was a 5:04 in E4R2 Glitched (german version).
The reason why Platinum is because it's my favourite Pokémon game and I spent the most time routing and glitch hunting into Platinum.
I check Speedrun.com a bunch of times and if I will become a moderator, I will try to check the website atleast once every day.

I would also apply for the position of moderator for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue/Red Rescue Team. Known as the runner with the worst luck and worst runs. I've been running this game by myself for over a year and even through I haven't done too many runs of this, I can tell that I know a lot about it. Together with Kobral I was one of the first persons that ran this game back in 2013 and it is very awesome that the PMD communty gets bigger and bigger. Funfact: I'm the only PMD red runner that plays on console.

Lembox
Preschooler

Post by Lembox » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Lembox

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Gold/Silver. I am qualified for this position because I have been playing this game since the release back in 2001 (in Germany), I currently have the 2nd best time in the glitchless category and I am still working on potential new routes or other optimizations. I am in touch with all the other G/S speedrunners providing my notes or help/strats during their runs if needed. Furthermore, I am trying to motivate more runners to run this underappreciated game.

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:21 pm

BafflingAmoeba

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Emerald. I am qualified for this position because I have a good time considering the current leaderboard (23 seconds behind WR) and have been running the game for over a year now. I have contributed to the emerald community in a large way ; the current route on psr was written mostly by myself, including a compiled data table found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0, I have optimized some strats since starting to run the game (market trips and small optimizations in fights), and helped on an emerald bingo project. I have also kept the emerald notes on psr updated since writing the notes, where newer strats have arisen. I believe that my time spent not just on running the game, but on the emerald community as well shows that I will be willing to put the time in to maintaining the community, and subsequently the leaderboards, if I were to become a moderator.

I am also applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team. I am qualified for this position because I have spent a lot of time recently practicing and running this game, and have a relatively good time on the leaderboards for this game as well. I would probably consider myself the most active runner of this game, at the moment. However this isn't my primary pokemon game, and I see that fretzi has also applied for moderator for this game, so I would probably skip me if there are others to apply as well, however I am more than willing to moderate this game as well, if I am needed.

Edited: Spreadsheet link was wrong.
Last edited by Amoeba on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~

Kobral
Preschooler

Post by Kobral » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Kobral1

I am applying for the position for moderator for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Blue/Red

I am qualified for this position because I did the first Run ever of this game in year 2013 (one week before Viskiv) and I'm still the current World Record holder of this game. I know and care about everyone from the community because I made our own Skype Group where we can talk about races and everything else, it's nice to see how the community has grown since 2013. I'm also looking for every new interested runner who would be a part in our community.

I would also apply for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinity

For the same reasons like blue, I'm also one of the less guys who take these games serious

eddaket
Schoolkid

Post by eddaket » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:43 pm

eddaket

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Red/Blue. I am qualified for this position because I am very familiar with the games and currently run all categories and have for some time. In glitchless, I have spent a good amount of time routing and forming strategies and have spent countless hours doing attempts since I started running over a year ago. I am also very familiar with the glitched categories, holding the current fastest time on NSC and have a decent knowledge of the glitches used in 151 (where I currently have the fourth best time). I want nothing more than to see these categories grow and have a strong community.

MarcusTEllis
Bug Catcher

Post by MarcusTEllis » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:37 pm

MarcusTEllis

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. Running Sapphire has been a passion of mine for 6 months now. In this time, I have learned so much about the game and even developed new strats to optimize shopping and menu movement. In addition to discovering more about this speed run, I took the time to revise the route on the wiki and help make it reflect the current most optimized strats, as well as re-writing some of the more confusing parts to make it easier for new runners to understand. When all is said and done, I've always wanted more for Sapphire: more runners to run it, more recognition as a speed game, more collaboration between runners to develop strats and ideas. I hope that being one of its moderators will allow me to push these goals and ideals even farther, but even if I'm not moderator I'll still find a way to do so.

Extra Information:
-Currently 5th best time (4th on console) with a 2:12:53 and looking to improve it.
-Actively participate in Sapphire races on SRL.
-Will work for free ;)

RideLith
Preschooler

Post by RideLith » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:40 pm

RideLith

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Conquest. I am qualified for this position because on the current community I am one of the runners with the most knowledge about the game. Having played in both emulator and console gives me the ability to spot the clear differences in color scheme and load times between the two of them. The knowledge I got from routing this game entirely and running it multiple times makes me trustable to spot cheats and incongruent behaviors in-game.

Also, it has been a couple months since I started modifying the Conquest rulesets and leaderboards already. In these months, I have managed the proccess of making that game better to speedrun and improving the QoL of speedrunning it, so I guess I have been already doing the work of a 'moderator' in that time.

Albeit not having all the free time that the other moderators might have, I feel I can moderate Conquest leaderboards with ease. I usually check the leaderboards twice/3 times a week and am notified by the other runners when I miss a new run. Also, the influx of runs of Conquest is really slow, making this 'job' feasible to do even without having that much time.

As extra information, I hold the WR on that game by a huge margin of time. I'm currently not running it because of college stuff and because I'm playing other games (including ORAS, ha), but I will get back to get the 'God Run' eventually.

spitfire
Bug Catcher

Post by spitfire » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:12 am

xSpitfire08x

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Sapphire. I am qualified for this position because I have found strats for the current route, assisted in re writing the psr notes, the 3rd best time and i am well knowledged in the game

halqery
Preschooler

Post by halqery » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:11 am

Halqery

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. I am qualified for this position because I have held the World Record for this game on two separate occasions (7/22/14 - 9/22/14 and 9/23/14 - 11/30/14), I am a huge fan of this series, the current route on PSR was written by myself http://wiki.pokemonspeedruns.com/index. ... lue/Any%25 and I check the leaderboards almost every day for no reason.

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness. I am qualified for this position because I currently have the Best Known Time for this game, and I enjoy practicing and running this game.

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I am qualified for this position because I have an enduring attraction to this game and will start running it soon.

Available to talk almost everyday on Skype: coshjullins.
Last edited by halqery on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

roushmore917
Schoolkid

Post by roushmore917 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:17 am

roushmore917

I'd like to apply for Moderator for Emerald because this game is my specialty. I have been playing this game since 2005 and speedrunning it for the last year and a half (only streaming for a year). As a member of the Emerald community, I have initiated ideas for improving the route, tested other peoples theories, and have the ability to check runs for legitimacy. I also was the chief initiator for the (currently stalled) Emerald Bingo board (generating many of the challenges myself, just trying to show knowledge of the game), and have dabbled with ROM hacking emerald in the past. I am very willing to check runs and answer ALL questions, especially if we can create a renaissance in pokemon speedrunning.

Can't wait to see how this'll all work out,

Roush

werster
Site Admin

Post by werster » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:19 am

werster

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon. I am qualified for this position because I run more games than anyone else, and know enough about almost every single game to moderate it appropriately (would need some help to cover my bases with Pokepark and Ranger, I have every other game on raps though)

Anyway >_> I already talked to Pac, and he justed wanted me to clear it up with you two (Ctm/Dabomstew) to make me a mod for the whole series. I wanna make the leaderboards as fantastic as possible, and will put in more work than anyone else to make sure they are so.

Masteri Mori
Bug Catcher

Post by Masteri Mori » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Masteri_Mori

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Yellow. I am qualified for this position because I have improved the route more than anyone over the past year, and I know the route better than anyone else. I have also (almost exclusively) written the notes on the PSR wiki, and update/monitor them regularly.

L3nn4rt
Preschooler

Post by L3nn4rt » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:53 pm

L3nn4rt

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen.
I am qualified for this position because I’ve been routing and practicing these games for over 4 months, and I’ve been playing them for over 6 years. I check the leaderboards at least once a day, and have watched both the BKT and WR runs (for any%) far too many times. I think I’d be able to immediately spot any suspicious runs because I know the current route and strats very well, and have played this game both on emulator and on console. I have a lot of free time and currently spend a big part of it on practicing and routing/improving the current route of this game. Moderating the leaderboards would be an honor and would motivate me to help expand the player base of this criminally underrated game.
I am dedicated to expanding the Pokémon speedrunning community in general, and will also start streaming my own (console) attempts of this game this month.

I do not know a whole lot about E4R2 speedruns other than the general route, but I’m planning on routing that category after I’ve achieved my goal time in any%. If this is a problem, then for the time being, I could just moderate the any% part of the board, while somebody else moderates the E4R2 part.

M.BisonFuté
Schoolkid

Post by M.BisonFuté » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:44 pm

MBisonFuté

I would apply for moderator for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team since it's the Pokémon game I've been focusing more than Pokémon Red for a really good time. I've made some really good improvement with the time since over 1 year (from over 4hours until being the first person to reach sub 3hours). I improved the route with the use of Skitty + tips for which items do you need to use (on the game's FAQ).
I could give some help to the other mods of this section aswell (and already part of the skype group for the Mystery Dungeon serie).

For Pokémon Fire Red, I started doing Round 2 since few months using my own route for Zapdos and only know a little about Any% so I would rather waiting more time before applying for it.

Eekcast
Preschooler

Post by Eekcast » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Eekcast

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver; I believe my knowledge for this game is far advanced from most speedrunners of this game and I have knowledge of the any% and glitchless categories having speedran them for a long time now. I have done work on the wiki, adding my knowledge of glitches such as tweaking and also have worked with other people to route the game and figure out new strategies for beating it as fast as possible. This is the game I have the most experience with.

Also, I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Platinum, the reason for this is because I have speedran this game for a similar length as HG/SS, but have looked into other strategies for the game involving different routing and planning with a different pokemon. I also looked into any% for this game and have found many interesting things with how tweaking works in this game; I watched runs for this game a ton before I started speedrunning it for myself. I have also looked into categories I have yet to speedrun such as E4R2 and attempted routing them. I would say I have almost the same knowledge level for this game as Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is also a game I wish to moderate, mostly because of my involvement with the any% category for this game. I initially did runs of this as I saw there was no times to compare against (they were all TASes, can you believe that) and I wanted to route the game for myself to see if I could figure out a way to beat it in real time. I have played this game for the any% category for about as long as Pokemon Platinum. This game in particular has differences with RNG and the game engine performs differently to the other generation 4 games, HG/SS and Platinum, mainly because it is an earlier version which is less optimised; I know all of the differences here. Although I have limited experience of running glitchless, I have finished fully routing the game and I watched a lot of runs for this game, both glitchless and any%, so I have a lot of knowledge.

I would also like to apply for moderator of Pokemon X/Y simply because I have massive experience with generation 6 speedrunning. I routed this game by myself and found improvements to the route as a result, and have speedran it for a long time too. I have delved into glitch hunting (with little success) and discussed a lot about routing with other people who speedrun the games. These are games I have a lot of knowledge and experience for; I have helped others by discussing the game with them who have talked to me about it as well.

Lastly I would like to apply for moderator of Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire; the reason behind this is because I have been routing the games for a while now, and exploring strategies with current route for both Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby and comparing which game is faster, as well as experimenting with other mechanics in the game and how they would work in a speedrun. Though I have limited experience at the moment with running the games, I have a lot of knowledge with how these games play out and I have discussed them with pretty much every other speedrunner for these games; I have a lot of generation 6 game experience too. I see myself speedrunning these games for the foreseeable future as well, and believe that even now, due to how many runs of the game I have seen in both OR and AS I can moderate the games very well. These are games I see myself having a lot of knowledge for currently and gaining more as the games route changes over time.

Only things I wanted to mention is that I lurk on these forums a lot, however I am very active with speedrunning the games in general. lol

MoneyHypeMike
Schoolkid

Post by MoneyHypeMike » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:36 am

MoneyHypeMike

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Platinum. I am qualified for this position because I have been playing that game for 1 year and half.

I donno if it's possible, but i'd like to be a moderator for all gen4+ games (Pearl/Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black/White, Black2/White2, X/Y, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire) since I will route and run them all anyways (only missing Pearl/Diamond and Black2/White2 for now).

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:44 am

LBlueEagle

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon Colosseum. I am qualified for this position because I have extensive Knowledge of the game, as well as the Current Second Best time. I also have rerouted the game numerous times and have tried hundreds of different potential strategies for it.

I am also applying for the position of moderator for Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. I am qualified for this position because I have also Routed this game several times and know this game as well (or even Better) than Colosseum. I was the first person to really Experiment with the newer routes and different ideas for the game as well.

I have been the only active runner of these games for several months now and have put several hundreds of hours into each game so i would take the moderation of both very seriously.
I could not make her the avatar so she gets the signature to herself <3Image

jtmagicman
Schoolkid

Post by jtmagicman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:28 pm

JTMagicman

I am applying for Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver I am qualified for this position as I have been speedrunning it for about 1 year & currently tied for 2nd place on console.

SirRouven
Bug Catcher

Post by SirRouven » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:22 pm

MasterR1003

I am applying for the position of moderator for Pokémon Ranger. I am qualified for this position because I am the world record holder at the moment and I speedran this game several times, now.
I also know a lot about the game and I tried to find glitches/skips for it.
For reference you can check the entire article on the wiki, I wrote it with the help of Araneron.
I don´t know if you need to know this but my name on speedrun.com is not MasterR1003, it is SirRouven.

Return to “Projects”