PSR Marathon 2016 Committee Applications Thread

Participate in events around the community such as races or marathons!
Keizaron
Site Admin

PSR Marathon 2016 Committee Applications Thread

Post by Keizaron » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:17 am

We are currently accepting applications to take part in the committee team. The idea is to have around 10 people who are heavily involved in this process. We are currently looking for people who specialize in at least one of the following: creation of stream layouts, PR team, schedule creation, tech

For transparency, the committee will be selected by the three admins: Dabomstew, werster and myself.

Applications close on Friday, April 15th.

If you would like to be part of the PSR Marathon 2016 Committee, please leave a post using the guideline below:

Twitch name -
Best form of contact outside of Discord -
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset -
Why you want to be part of the committee -

So for example...

Twitch name - Keizaron
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter (@Keizaron)
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Scheduling, PR team, stream layouts
Why you want to be part of the committee - Last year's marathon was a ton of fun, and I feel like we can improve it further and make this year's marathon even better!
Last edited by Keizaron on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rubberduckyassassin
Preschooler

Re: PSR Marathon 2016 Committee Applications Thread

Post by Rubberduckyassassin » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:35 am

Twitch name - RubberDuckyAssassin3
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter - @MillersAPenguin
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Scheduling (maybe PR team?)
Why you want to be part of the committee - Cause I like pokemanz and I like the community and I would like to do anything I can to help out ^-^

eddaket
Schoolkid

Post by eddaket » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:36 am

Twitch name - eddaket
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter (@eddaket)
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Scheduling, organization, most technical things
Why you want to be part of the committee - I had a blast last year and I want to do anything I can to help out this year (whatever you guys need). I want to see this thing grow even bigger than last year too!

LBlueEagle
Bug Catcher

Post by LBlueEagle » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:24 am

Twitch name - LBlueEagle
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitch PM
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Scheduling, Hosting, PR
Why you want to be part of the committee - Last year I had a great time doing the runs for PSR. This year I would like to work behind the scenes and make it as enjoyable as possible for others!
I could not make her the avatar so she gets the signature to herself <3Image

heero_fred
Youngster

Post by heero_fred » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:51 am

Twitch name - heero_fred
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter @heero_fred
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - scheduling and PR with the hispanic community and I could be a link between the PSR committee and a possible spanish re-stream as I'm a staff member of Speedruns Español (we handle the GDQs spanish re-streams).
Why you want to be part of the committee - last year was a fun marathon and I got to show my speedgame, now I want to help others showcase their games

roushmore917
Schoolkid

Post by roushmore917 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:18 am

Twitch name: Roushmore917
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Skype (bradyroush)
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Hosting (I understand things are going to be done differently client-side this year, but I honestly want to help as best as I can), Scheduling, Moral Support
Why you want to be part of the committee - I mucked up last year's so badly, I could see why you wouldn't want me back. However, the time frame for this year has me settled into my apartment the week before the marathon :D
I just like to see the community grow.

RXFADEZ
Pokémon Trainer

Post by RXFADEZ » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:27 am

Twitch name - RXFADEZ (http://probablynot.online/)

Best form of contact outside of Discord - Skype, Twitter, etc (all still RXFADEZ)

Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - I could probably complete a large percentage of the tech aspect as I am aware what I'm doing after doing part of it for last year's marathon. I'd say I also did the majority of the scheduling for last year's marathon too so I'm up for that. If necessary I can also throw together some layouts; I'd rather not be on that duty, but could assist people if required (don't need another one of them long nights fixing my layouts hey Keiz). I'd also probably do a large percentage of the European hosting, as I did last year, as long as I'm still available come marathon date.

Why you want to be part of the committee - It's safe to say I took my fair share of work in last year's marathon, but nothing was more satisfying than seeing it go well. One thing this does mean I bring is excellent hindsight. As I was working behind the scenes with a great committee for the last marathon, I know exactly where we went wrong and exactly where we went right and can bring this knowledge into this marathon's planning.

Sidenote: For those submitting future applications, try to make the titles for the separate segments bold, so they can be distinguished and easy to read.

Sinstar
Jr. Trainer

Post by Sinstar » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:16 am

Twitch name - Sinstar_

Best form of contact outside of Discord - https://twitter.com/Sinstar20k

Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset -Organising chat, feedback/PR, layouts, helping/preparing runners.

Why you want to be part of the committee - Whilst last year was a huge success, there were a number of issues raised that I would love to be around to help improve upon for this years marathon. I feel one of the biggest issues last time around was the lack of any organisation of the chat moderation which put some people off, I think putting together a group of mods and setting some ground rules to sanitize the chat a bit could be useful.
The other thing I want to be able to see done well is to make sure the runners are properly ready for their runs, last time around some of the runners showed up at the last minute and were thrown on stream unprepared often with poor stream lag/ audio setup, discord will make this easier but there definitely needs to be some amount of organisation dedicated to ensuring runners are ready and prepared before they begin their runs. I did write a longer list of insights I made on how the previous marathon went and some of that would be useful in organising this one.
On top of all that I'd just love to be a part of the committee as a way to get even closer to the community and get to chat with all you like minded people even more and have a great time doing so. KevinTurtle
Last edited by Sinstar on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa

GarfieldTheLightning
Youngster

Post by GarfieldTheLightning » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:48 am

Twitch name - GarfieldTheLightning
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter @GarfieldTheL
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Scheduling, preparaing or relaxing runners/commentating
Why you want to be part of the committee - Over the past year, I have not had many huge blocks of time to devote to Pokémon speedruns, so I am unsure whether I'll be doing any runs in the marathon. However, I have a lot of smaller pockets of time before the marathon, and my schedule will be totally freed up around June, so I would love to to help out with the marathon in whatever capacity is required. I loved the marathon last year, and I would love to make it even better this year by erasing all memes on sight!
I speedrun Pokémon Pearl, White 2 and X!

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:22 am

I'm interested in who's deciding who gets to be part of the committee. Is there an already formed committee committee?

Twitch name
Bafflingamoeba
Best form of contact outside of Discord
twitter @bafflingamoeba
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset
Scheduling, PR, and I could do layouts but there would be better people than me suited to that job.
Why you want to be part of the committee
I missed my opportunity to help out with the last marathon (barring chat moderation, which is something that needs adressing earlier on this time around~), something that I regret greatly. I'm hoping to rectify that with some useful contributions this time around.
Also it all looks damn fun.
~

Robthegamer117
Preschooler

Post by Robthegamer117 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:56 am

Twitch name - robthegamer115
Best form of contact outside of Discord - twitter @robthegamer117
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Being host for some of the time, and organizing an effective schedule that suits everyones needs.
Why you want to be part of the committee - I had a blast helping to host the first PSR marathon, and i would love to help again. I also believe that as someone who mostly watched pokemon speedruns, I can provide insight as to what a new viewer might want to watch.

jtmagicman
Schoolkid

Post by jtmagicman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Twitch name - JTMagicman

Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter @JTMagicman

Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Scheduling, organization, Helping others set up

Why you want to be part of the committee - I would love to help out this time around I will have alot more spare time around the time of the marathon. I missed out on being a part of planning in the 1st marathon I would like to contribute more this time around

DralZx
Preschooler

Post by DralZx » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Twitch name - DralZx

Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter: @dralzx Skype: dragoonzx

Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - PR Team, Scheduling (I have to do a lot of scheduling tasks in my job)

Why you want to be part of the committee - Since I'm not in a position to contribute to the marathon by performing / submitting a run this time round, I'd like to be able to help out behind the scenes in some way. If not I'll just watch as usual :D
PJSalt "The Crit Magnet" PJSalt

WasabiKnight
Preschooler

Post by WasabiKnight » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:54 am

Twitch name - WasabiKnight
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitch and Twitter (@WasabiKnightSR)
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Tech side, PR team
Why you want to be part of the committee - I loved how last year's marathon went out and I feel really grateful for all the help the community keeps putting out for me when I need to know anything about the runs, so this time I want to give something back. I can help a lot on the tech side of things (programming, setting up servers to make the streaming process easier) if you are shorthanded; I have some ideas about drawing attention to the marathon (maybe it's possible to contact someone from Twitch's PR and ask them to showcase the marathon on the weekly/monthly newsletter for example) and I would love to help with whatever's left of PR stuff to be done.

MKDasher
Schoolkid

Post by MKDasher » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:04 pm

Twitch name - MKDasher
Best form of contact outside of Discord - Twitter (@MK_Dasher)
Job duty/duties that best fits your skillset - Scheduling, stream layouts, PR / helping with spanish re-stream if it happens.
Why you want to be part of the committee - I'd love to contribute to the marathon somehow. PSR Marathon was great last year and we have an opportunity to make it even better this one.

Dabomstew
Site Admin

Post by Dabomstew » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:32 pm

Applications are now closed, thanks for your time. We will be contacting potential committee members shortly to confirm your participation and give you access to the committee chatroom.

Dabomstew
Site Admin

Post by Dabomstew » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:30 pm

The final committee has been established and the members are as follows:
  • Dabomstew
  • Keizaron
  • werster
  • LBlueEagle
  • GarfieldTheLightning
  • JTMagicMan
  • eddaket
  • RXFADEZ
  • WasabiKnight
  • Sinstar
  • MKDasher
  • Amoeba
Again, thanks for all your applications. If you didn't make it on, then our apologies, but there were too many candidates this year to simply let everyone on like last year. We believe this group should be able to put together a great marathon this year.

Applications for other roles such as hosting shifts will be opening up in the not too distant future, so keep your eyes open if you still want to get involved with the marathon in a way other than doing a run at the marathon. If you do want to run games, then check out the Game Submissions Thread!

Return to “Events”