PSR Monthly Showdown tournaments

Participate in events around the community such as races or marathons!
Amoeba
Cooltrainer

PSR Monthly Showdown tournaments

Post by Amoeba » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:39 am

So after the success of the recent ranbat tournament, people expressed a desire to have more tournaments. So, starting from now, I'd like to announce the monthly PSR Showdown tournaments.

How it will work:

Shortly after the previous tournament ends, a link to a form will go up, both in this thread and in the #competitive-battling channel on discord, that allows you to submit a format, as a vote on what the next tournament's format will be. Note that this is not the sign-up form!
The format will be chosen as the majority vote from this form. Note also that the form isn't a poll/vote, but an open submission, so you can be as specific as you want with your format, however because it's a majority vote it would be worth discussing with other people in the discord channel to see if it would be popular.
The format form will close after one week, and the highest voted format will be the chosen one for the following tournament. The challonge bracket will go up at this point, allowing you to sign up to the tournament there. Signing up yourself requires a challonge account, but if you don't have one you can ask an admin in the discord channel to add you. It is recommended to get an account however, as you will be able to report your own scores when the tournament comes around.
Signups close on the Thursday before the tournament. Each tournament will start on a Friday, at 12:00 GMT, and run for one week. Tournaments will all be double elimination, best of 3, for now. This can be changed if enough people want it to be.
All match organising has to be done in the #competitive-battling channel on discord, so that everyone is in the same place and can see what is happening with the tournament.

Global Rules for tournaments (regardless of format):

Most important rule: This is a community based tournament. Any and all disputes can and should be resolved by talking to your opponent and other members of the tournament within the discord channel. There are no moderators for the tournaments that can make a decision for you, any significant decision should be reached by the group of tournament players.

It is your responsibility to set up your matches, and to save the recordings. If a dispute comes up for who won, and neither parties have saved -every match's- replay data, you'll have to play to best of 3 again.

If someone hasn't shown up/made any effort at contacting the other player for their match, they will be disqualified, at the discretion of the tournament members in the discord channel. (In general I'd advise giving people at least 2 days. Timezones, work and other IRL commitments have to be worked around)

Format Forms:
  • 11th March 2016 Tournament: Voting now closed. Format selected: Triple Hackmon Cup
    15th April 2016 Tournament: Voting now closed. Format Selected: Generation 2 Randoms
Sign-ups and Brackets:
Good Luck everyone~
Last edited by Amoeba on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Re: PSR Monthly Showdown tournaments

Post by Amoeba » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:02 am

~

Sinstar
Jr. Trainer

Post by Sinstar » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:54 pm

I've had to unregister from the tourney for now, as somethings come up and I might be away that weekend. I'll resign up if I can make it.
Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:04 pm

The 11th March Tournament is now (finally) over! Congratulations to JazzyChoi for a well fought win~
Voting is now open for the 15th April tournament. The link can be found in the OP above.
~

Amoeba
Cooltrainer

Post by Amoeba » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 pm

~

Return to “Events”